Everquest Twitter

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Pawtato, May 6, 2020.

1. Pawtato Augur

Who is GalaxyCheetah, and why can't I adjust that social media side bar?

Edit: Also, just hire Fading for your social media manager. Then, there would at least be a reason for those Facebook/Twitter/Youtube accounts to exist.
  2. Magickon Augur

Fading has a real job.
  3. GNOME_POWER Augur

I believe you can act as well as him.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I've not seen facebook/twitter on the side of the forum for months, guess I'm not missing much.
  5. Pawtato Augur

I appreciate my fans but Fading is better. I just want someone to actually manage their social media account. They could do fun stuff like, what’s Absor grumpy about today or behind the scenes with Prathun, or pet parade. Something other than retweeting.
  6. Fading Illusion Augur

Since the beginning, the Promotion, Marketing and Social Media for EverQuest (or Any Daybreak/SOE game) has left much to be desired.

While I HATE WoW/Blizzard, they get one thing right : Branding/Marketing. I'm always in awe of them (I know they have a larger budget). My background is PR-adjacent.

But, it's low-hanging fruit and one of the easiest, most impactful things you can do....

While I see GalaxyCheetah is consistently retweeted for their stream, I feel like The EverQuest Show doesn't get as much love, despite doing a TON of promotion for the game/company/series. I don't believe I've gotten a show retweet in a couple episodes. (But yes, I know my episodes have been infrequent).

Don't get me wrong, I'm appreciative of everything that Dreamweaver and the PR folks do there at DPG/DBG and have done for me. But, it's "Earned Media" and it's your bread and butter when it comes to online presence for modern gaming.

Just a few thoughts.
    Fading
    Pawtato likes this.
  7. dreadlord Augur

Communication has never been a strength of whoever has run Everquest
    In fact a friend many years ago, wrote a chapter on one of its former owners in a Comms textbook - it's that bad
    No disrespect to any current individuals, but the Powers That Be are so far away with what's considered 'good practice' in terms of PR and comms, it's amazing they're still around
    I work with many folk who manage Twitter accounts for businesses - they are expected to tweet within *seconds* of any problem and do minute by minute updates
    Ironic that an entirely online company should be so poor/slack at communicating online
    (I gave up following the Twitter feed - it's just occasional PR, no actual, timely, information at all)