Everquest Trivia #705

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Whoops, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Whoops Augur

Yes
  2. Grove Augur

Would the instance to which one is ported be the same map as the one from which one is sent?
    Whoops likes this.
  3. Whoops Augur

No
  4. Grove Augur

Is use of this instance considered being in a "monster mission"?
    Whoops likes this.
  5. Player Two Augur

Would you say the guys with dongs and swords, whom you can fight, have large don... eh swords?
    Mary Poppins and Whoops like this.
  6. Whoops Augur

Yes!

No, they're pretty standard swords, I think.
  7. Grove Augur

Could it be Rivervale: Zombie Invasion for the quest Brraaaaainss!?
    Whoops likes this.
  8. Whoops Augur

Almost! But no.
  9. Verily Tjark Augur

The Poisoned Flounder?
    Whoops likes this.
  10. Whoops Augur

Yes! You totally swiped that from Grove, I think!

I wasn't sure how to say that I wasn't looking for just "East Freeport" for the answer without giving away that it was an instanced version of an old zone. I *think* it just says you're in East Freeport when you're in there, but I could be misremembering that. "The BB MM" or "the MM in East Freeport" or "East Freeport: The Poison Flounder" would all work, but then you guys ended up looking for a smaller location within a zone for a while. I probably should have just said yes about it being a zone name, and then been fussy about it if you just said "East Freeport." My head was exploding at the time, though.
    Verily Tjark likes this.
  11. Verily Tjark Augur

The question that threw me off was when I asked is the place in a city? I was confused, because I knew it had something to do with East Freeport.

The monster mission question got me back on track, but I just picked one that had to do with East Freeport eventhough reading the quest it seems like The Poisoned Flounder is in BB which is not a city.

Either way... to borrow a line from Morit, Grove wins too much anyway.
    Mary Poppins and Whoops like this.
  12. Whoops Augur

Yeah, you asked if the quest for it started in EFP and it doesn't. I kept feeling like people were on track, and then not, haha. This used to be a thing (at least on my server) back in the day. People got kind of overwhelmingly sick of running BB MMs, but it was super efficient so it was hard to pass up. Then they changed it so even if you blazed through it, you needed to wait out the timer to collect the shard that granted XP when you zoned out. Was still kind of worth it for AAs, provided you were willing to /gems a lot or had something else to do, but the novelty had kind of worn off.
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  13. Mary Poppins Augur

I know the game is over, but I felt compelled to log in anyway just to “like” this post.
  14. Mary Poppins Augur

Grove does win too much. Whoops is starting to rack up a good amount also. Still, either of them is better than you winning (which, unfortunately, is what happened in this game).
  15. Grove Augur

I don't think I am familiar with The Poisoned Flounder MM. I do know Braains, though.. And with it being given in a zone other than Rivervale and Rivervale being a city, it seemed like the perfect answer. Referencing the city part, I was uncertain as to whether the quest was given in city or whether the event was in a city. But it just seemed to fit together with the answer I proposed. As to whether Rivervale fits the location stipulation, perhaps I should have spent more time on that element. Grats to Verily!
    Whoops likes this.
  16. Whoops Augur

You were close! The Braaains one matched most of the criteria, too. I liked that one. :) The BB MM one sends you to the old version of East Freeport as an invading pirate. You need to murder townsfolk to steal a certain amount of booty.
  17. Grove Augur

I read the extract of the The Poisoned Flounder MM. I do remember pirates.