Everquest Trivia #699

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Verily Tjark, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Verily Tjark Augur

Rules:

- The Game Master (the one who won the last game) selects a person (NPC), place or thing
    in-game related.

- The players then ask yes or no questions to try to discover the person, place or thing. However, the Game Master does have the right to go beyond a simple yes or now answer if necessary. For example: "I'm not sure" or "Probably" or "Yes, but be careful because that's misleading."

- Players must ask only one question per post and must not try to be sneaky by squeezing in two or more questions at once.

- A player may ask a new question as soon as his or her last question has been answered.

- The Game Master MUST answer all questions to the best of their ability no matter how stupid (doo doo, ducks, etc),. provided the question conforms to the rules above.

- The Game Master should post recaps of answers from time to time. Once a page is a good idea.

- Once a player guesses the correct answer he or she gets to host the next game or can designate someone else to host it. Make a separate thread and we will let this one die. That way we can keep track of when one game ends and another begins. Keep numbering the pages as we go along.

- If a player wins and does not start another game within 24 hours of winning the last person to guess before him or her gets to host the next game.

- If the Game Master does not respond within 24 hours to any posts then anyone may feel free to start the next round.

A list of all previous games is maintained at http://the-ngp.morituus.net/eqtrivia.html

Answers to previous games:

687 Jonas Dagmire's Pisiform
    688 a mistake
    689 The Void
    690 Crystal Glue
    691 Slobbery Bone
    692 Platinum Diamond Wedding Ring
    693 a deathfist legionnaire –or – an orc
    694 Potential Earring of Rallos Zek -or- Earring of Rallos Zek
    695 Blued Two-Handed Hammer
    696 a forsaken revenant
    697 Intestine Necklace
    698 Mouth of the Dragon - The Broodlands zone-in in Lavastorm
  2. Verily Tjark Augur

Last game in the 600s~!!!
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  3. Mary Poppins Augur

That's right. And you can't win it. Which means that you can't be the host of #700!

Being the Game Master of a hundo trivia game is a rare honor. While trivia #100 or #500 were probably the most prestigious, any of the 100's are special since they don't come around very often any more. Now you will have to wait until #800 (if we ever make it there) for your next chance - hahaha!

Now seeing as how I haven't seriously played this game in a while, I am a bit rusty. But knowing Verily, I'm guessing he knows how special this game is and would want to make sure I didn't win it. So therefore he would likely choose something that is not phallic in shape, size, or smell AND is most likely from a recent expansion since he knows I haven't actively played EQ since the summer of 2018 (and even that was just in PoP). I doubt he would go with an NPC or item, because those are the more popular choices as of late. Locations are a possibility, but I don't think he would do something as broad as a zone since it would be too easy. Or he could go with something less tangible, like a quest or UI element. If he wanted to be really trixie, he would use dialog from a recent quest. Seeing how he is both a rodent (gnome) and an enchanter, I feel that would be the most logical choice. So now the question is, which quest and which line. As I mentioned earlier, it would have to be something fairly recent. Although I have been retired for many years, without reading the Moritpedia, Verily wouldn't know exactly how many years I've been away. However, he has proven to be very resourceful and might have actually taken the time to do enough research to determine when I finally stopped playing current content. Still, he would want to play it safe and choose something from one of the last two expansions. He also understands the significance of this game, who's name is #699, he would likely tie that into his answer. Since "699" also contains the numbers "6" and "9" in sequential order, I cannot imagine he would pass on the opportunity to reference "69" - which is technically not phallic (although it kinda is) in nature yet would still cause me to slap my head in an "oh I should have gotten that" moment once the answer was revealed. Therefore, I can only conclude that he WOULD take this opportunity to honor the number "69" with a nod to the classic film "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure". To further expound on the connection, the difficulty of this trivia would likely take weeks, making it distinctly possible for the game to be solved on or around the 21st of this month. And as everyone here should know, 8/21/2020 adds up (8+21+20+20) to 69, which is EXACTLY why the long anticipated Bill and Ted sequel movie was originally scheduled to be released on that day but due to the pandemic it was subsequently changed. By keeping this connection alive, Verily would have ingeniously pulled off a magnificent tribute to the greatest number in the English alphabet while simultaneously stumping me. Unfortunately for him, I have seen through his veil of lies and deceit, and have constipated the answer to his ultimate trivia game without even asking a question (other than the question I will now ask in order to win the game). So congratulations, Verily. - although you failed in your initial objective, you will now have the honor of being the Game Master who hosted the shortest game in the history of EQ Trivia.

Is the answer to this trivia game the phrase "what number are we thinking of" spoken by the three generals during the quest "All Hail the King" from The Burning Lands expansion?
    Verily Tjark likes this.
  4. Grove Augur

Hmm. Just a thought. Sometimes when I post the set-up I do not yet have the subject in mind. And even as I am answering the first question or two, I am still refining. You have just given Verily much to consider.

Is this a place?
    Mary Poppins and Verily Tjark like this.
  5. Verily Tjark Augur

I prefer themes either stuff irl, in game or related to the trivia games... also phallic games are more fun. The answer is no.

No
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  6. Sobmre Augur

is it an item
    Verily Tjark likes this.
  7. Verily Tjark Augur

Yes
  8. Sobmre Augur

is it an item that is wearable by a toon
    Verily Tjark likes this.
  9. Mary Poppins Augur

This game is rigged.

Also... Verily just said he likes phalluses.

Was I correct about any of my previous suppositions?
    Verily Tjark likes this.
  10. Mary Poppins Augur

What in the Sam hell?!

How do you start an EQ Trivia game without knowing the answer! Sometimes I throw out random guesses with the hopes of snagging the elusive no-question-win. Now you’re saying I was wasting my time? Or worse yet, when I actually do pull it off some day it will only be because the game master was lazy and just figured “well, I’m having a hard time thinking of something so why not just give it to him”?

Way to crush my hopes and dreams, man. Next you’re going to tell me that Santa isn’t real and the reason I never get any presents at Christmas isn’t because I am naughty but because my parents just don’t like me...
  11. Verily Tjark Augur

No

Oh I quit reading about halfway through... so I finished it. This seems like a sneaky way to answer a bunch of questions with one. But Yes
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  12. Grove Augur

Is the item quest related?
    Verily Tjark likes this.
  13. Mary Poppins Augur

I am getting the distinct impression that you and Grover are not taking your responsibilities as EQ Trivia Game Masters seriously...

Theoretically, if this item existed in real life, would I be able to fit it in my pants?
    Verily Tjark likes this.
  14. Verily Tjark Augur

Yes

Yes, and I'm super cereal. Just to throw you for a loop, I changed the answer after the first few questions, but it didn't affect the game. Sorry Morit. The rules don't cover this though so idk...
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  15. Mary Poppins Augur

Ok, I don’t even know how to respond to this without going on an expletive laced rant that would likely get me banned from these forms again.

Is it something I would WANT to fit in my pants?
    Verily Tjark likes this.
  16. Grove Augur

Is this thing and quest in a zone from or before Planes of Power
    Verily Tjark likes this.
  17. Verily Tjark Augur

Yes, I mean it might lead to some awkward social situations if you don't put it away

Yes
  18. Grove Augur

Is it from original Everquest?
    Verily Tjark likes this.
  19. Verily Tjark Augur

No
  20. Mary Poppins Augur

Is it hard like a rock?
    Verily Tjark likes this.