EverQuest Trivia #696

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Mary Poppins, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Mary Poppins Augur

Script, no. Quest, yes.

And that’s two questions, Grover. But I like you and as long as Verily doesn’t win, it’s all good.
  2. Mary Poppins Augur

No. Definitely not a grotto.
  3. Windance Augur

4. Mary Poppins Augur

You changed your question while I was doing the recap and I forgot what your original question was!

This was a very good guess, but no it is not Lanys.
  5. Mary Poppins Augur

RECAP!

YES:
    • Is this an NPC?
    • Is this an NPC we would want to kill? (it's meant to be killed, I suppose)
    • With blue skin?
    • If this NPC was in a wet T-shirt contest would you get excited?
    • Is this NPC considered humanoid - two legs, two or more arms, and walks upright (for the most part, yes)
    NO:
    • Is it an item ?
    • Is it a place?
    • Does this NPC live in a grotto? (I had to look at the definition of a grotto, but I'm pretty sure no)
    • Is it Lanys T'Vyl ? (no, but this was a good guess)
    OTHER:
    • Is the NPC part of a raid (a raid force would kill it on the way, but I don't think it's directly part of a raid script or anything)
    • Is killing this NPC part of a script ... a quest? (this was two questions, but... no, not a part of a script... yes, it's related to a quest)
  6. Windance Augur

Is it a female dark elf?
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  7. Mary Poppins Augur

Uh. I thought so? But then I did some research on the definition of a word and it turns out they might not be dark elves... but they look like dark elves to me.

And yes, they are female.

And reading the definition of that word I mentioned earlier also makes me less excited about seeing one in a wet t-shirt contest.
  8. Windance Augur

Is it a drachnid ?
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  9. Player Two Augur

Does this NPC live on or near an island?
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  10. Verily Tjark Augur

Does the npc have a formal name? (Starts with a capital letter)
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  11. Grove Augur

In original Everquest?
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  12. Mary Poppins Augur

No. Sorry, I think I threw you off track with that last response.

EDIT: Wait a minute... why would you think I’d want to see a drachnid in a wet t-shirt contest? I retract my apology.
  13. Mary Poppins Augur

Um. I don’t think so. Unless the zone itself is some kind of island, but I don’t think it is.
  14. Mary Poppins Augur

No. It’s not a specifically named mob. There are multiple of these mobs wandering around in the zone.
  15. Mary Poppins Augur

Ok, this is where it gets messed up, so let me give you guys some extra clarification...

No, it was not in the original release. The original zone was also not part of an expansion (I think). There are numerous versions of this zone since it first came out, some of which are still available and some that I think are not... and some of those versions I think were part of expansions. I’m also not sure if this mob is in more than one version of the zone, as all I have to go with is the information on alla’s because I’ve only been to this zone a handful of times many years ago and I’m not even sure which version I visited.
  16. Verily Tjark Augur

Is the NPC from PoP or before?
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  17. Mary Poppins Augur

Yes. The zone and mob were from before PoP.
  18. Verily Tjark Augur

a forsaken revenant - female version?
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  19. Grove Augur

Sounds good to me; waiting for response.
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  20. Mary Poppins Augur

Yes. That is the correct answer, unfortunately. I thought wind was on to it, but then the drachnid thing happened.

I had to look up what “revenant” meant, and apparently it is a reanimated corpse or something. I’m not into necrophilia, so it kind of ruined my memories about this mob. When you kill it, the mob’s pose is “bottoms up”. One time I ACCIDENTALLY looted it from behind, which made for an interesting screenshot (I’d post it here, but I’m on the road... plus I don’t know if doing so would get me in trouble with the current regime or not).

Anyway, grats to Verily. Again. At this point, when he wins my games I’m not sure if it’s because he’s just that good at trivia or because he know how messed up my thinking is.
    Verily Tjark likes this.