EverQuest Trivia #680

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Fredescu, May 21, 2020.

1. Fredescu Augur

No.

No.
  2. Verily Tjark Augur

So it's not alive... is it considered undead?
    Fredescu likes this.
  3. Fredescu Augur

No.
  4. Whoops Augur

Was it added before TSS?
    Fredescu likes this.
  5. Fredescu Augur

Yes.
  6. Whoops Augur

Excluding any articles (a, an, the), does it have a two word name?
    Fredescu likes this.
  7. Verily Tjark Augur

Was it added before GoD?
    Fredescu likes this.
  8. Fredescu Augur

Yes.

Yes.
  9. Whoops Augur

Hrm, is it shorter than others of its kind?
    Fredescu likes this.
  10. Verily Tjark Augur

Is there more than one of this NPC up at a time?
    Fredescu likes this.
  11. Fredescu Augur

No.

No.
  12. Whoops Augur

Is it the Bloated Belly?
    Grove and Fredescu like this.
  13. Fredescu Augur

Yes! Well done.

The boats were always so buggy that you have to wonder why the first two expansions added more. They were removed for a while, but they're back again now. I took a ride on the Bloated Belly today.

I wanted to choose a boat, and the Bloated Belly seemed... appropriate... in this era of self isolation. Or maybe that's just me.

As a goodie taking the Bloated Belly, you were meant to jump off when you zoned in, so you wouldn't die to the guards in the outpost. I remember the boat warping straight to the outpost once, killing all the good folk aboard who didn't have a chance to jump off. I pulled an all nighter getting my corpse back, which I eventually did with the help of a GM.
    Whoops likes this.
  14. Whoops Augur

It did that to me once, too! That whole ride was scary enough without the boat freezing at the zone line like you were going LD and then randomly blinking forward.

I also remember spending 20-ish hours trying to help a very good friend retrieve his corpse after the boat abandoned him in the middle of OoT. We never managed to find it, and he, too, needed a GM's rescue in the end. The boats are much nicer these days! Part of me still expects to be suddenly swimming somewhere, but I ride them once in a while anyway. The trips haven't been anywhere near as panic-ridden or traumatic, happily.
    Fredescu likes this.