Everquest Trivia #654

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Eggolas, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Finfan Augur

Is the item used for a tradeskill?
    Eggolas likes this.
  2. Eggolas Augur

No. The item is immovable (player cannot move it) and bigger than a breadbox, I think, maybe, it's an interesting comparison.

Hint: Respectable and Painful are found in this location.
  3. Verily Tjark Augur

Does the NPC involved have Lore in its name somewhere?
    Eggolas likes this.
  4. Eggolas Augur

No, not even an anagram.
  5. Verily Tjark Augur

Is the associated NPC's name more than 1 word long?
    Eggolas likes this.
  6. SunDrake Augur

Is the associated NPC Mordin Frostcleaver, of Mordin's Meats?
    Eggolas likes this.
  7. Eggolas Augur

Yes
  8. Eggolas Augur

No
    Were those Respectable or Painful meats? :)
  9. SunDrake Augur

Is it the dartboard that's used by Darts O'Gavin, in Doogle's Drinks?
    Verily Tjark and Eggolas like this.
  10. SunDrake Augur

Most look rather painful for the critter involved. Respectable, can't say.. didn't know em. :D
    Verily Tjark likes this.
  11. Eggolas Augur

Ding!!! Congratulations SunDrake.

One of the things I loved to do in early EQ days was visit all the taverns and sample the wares. I was drawn to this scene because of my time playing in a darts league, some decades ago.

Your game, SunDrake.
  12. SunDrake Augur

I think there was some confusion early on in this one regarding the fact that the Dartboard was considered an 'item'. I'm sure everyone has slightly different takes regarding the interpretation of questions. I've had games where I kinda felt my responses might have been responsible for misleading people. Wasn't intentional, but also difficult to report without impacting the game.

So for me 'Item' means something that can go onto the mouse cursor. Weapons, Containers, Food/Drink, Potion, even things like currency and merc contracts. If it cannot, and can only be viewed, I would consider that to be terrain, environment, landscape, whatever.

That is not me at all discouraging the choice of terrain objects as answers. I actually like those a lot because they are usually ones that you don't get by pulling up ZAM. They require an in-game familiarity, which is cool.

I will post up a new game here shortly. :)
    Mary Poppins and Eggolas like this.
  13. Eggolas Augur

I wanted something that would have a person run through the taverns in Thurgadin until they came upon Darts O'Gavin. Along the way, they might partake of a few Respectable or Painful drinks available at the taverns. I always thought that the initial making of Everquest in the first few years involved a very rich and subtle environment with plenty of interaction. I need to ask Doogle about his taxes and also purchase a souvenir mug. The latter may eventually be part of a quest . . . dunno.
    Mary Poppins and SunDrake like this.
  14. SunDrake Augur

Oh, for sure. Its also one of my favorite aspects of early EQ. I used to run around and visit every bar and tavern in Norrath to see if they had any special drinks that weren't sold elsewhere. The message boards that used to be in taverns. The dialog and peculiar behavior of patrons if you stick around [ie, the Erudite in Qeynos who walks out to puke in the pond, the coldain drinker in Thurgadin who talks about how Brell wants him to stop drinking, etc.] Once expansions stopped largely including city zones some of those small details weren't as common to see. A fun exception being that Anniversary quest that involves getting drunk and singing along to bar songs. Results in the PoK gate stein. Fun stuff.
    Eggolas and Mary Poppins like this.
  15. Grove Augur

Remember the one in Kelethin with the door facing and close to the edge of the platform; exiting drunk would likely cause one to fall causing death.
    Eggolas likes this.
  16. Finfan Augur

I was thinking of things like a forge or oven. Not movable but usable by players.
    Eggolas likes this.