Everquest Trivia #632

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by SunDrake, Nov 22, 2019.

1. SunDrake Augur

Yes.
  2. SunDrake Augur

No.
  3. SunDrake Augur

Yes [as with the Plate type question.. this might be misleading]
  4. Player Two Augur

Quested in the Faydwer continent?
    SunDrake likes this.
  5. SunDrake Augur

No.
  6. SunDrake Augur

Recap.

YES:
    - Item
    - Worn
    - Visible
    - Quest Reward
    - Present in Classic EQ
    - Hand Slot
    - Quest found in a starting location
    - Black in color
    - Cloth classes

NO:
    - Chest Slot
    - Plate type [but this might be misleading]
    - Tradeskills involved
    - Not within 450-490nm wavelength of visibly reflected light [Blue]
    - Looted from NPC
    - Obtained from a loot chest
    - Shield
    - Likely made of Metal
    - Dragons harmed in creation of the item
    - Leather class types
    - Symmetrical [this might be deceptive, as a pair, they would be..]
    - Equippable in Secondary
    - Found on the ground
    - Wrist Slot
    - Face Slot
    - Specific to a single class
    - Weapon
    - Feet Slot
    - Involves Qeynos Catacombs
    - Quest giver located on Faydwer

It's kind of narrowed down now. The item is likely an obscure quest result for most players.
  7. Eggolas Augur

Would the item require turning in summoned objects in Erudin Palace?
    SunDrake likes this.
  8. SunDrake Augur

Yes, it would.
  9. Eggolas Augur

Gloves of the Gatecaller
    SunDrake likes this.
  10. SunDrake Augur

Congratulations Eggolas, that is correct :)

[IMG]
  11. SunDrake Augur

Bit of backstory on the item.

I became interested in starting EQ after learning about it through a friend's older brother. His guild [clan, at the time I guess, they came from UO, Quake, etc.] was in the beta and I was blown away. I was 14 at the time and only had the family's old Packard Bell computer from like 95ish, so I wasn't able to run the game at home. I researched building a computer and I think my dad was kind of impressed that I wanted to go that route, so for Christmas '98 I got computer parts and built a gaming computer. Fast forward to late March, I finally create an account, and roll an Erudite Magician. After a marathon first day of play I'm walking through the Palace hailing NPCs and come across a guy who just so happens to be in search of four summoned items that I happen to be able to supply him with. The Gloves were the result. I was blown away by getting such a unique item on day 1. After getting the Gloves I fully expected to walk around the world and find scores of unique results for summoning basic items for NPCs. :D

The Gloves are black plate in appearance, but are caster class only, something that was radically unique in this era. I didn't replace mine until the upper 40s when I was able to farm Impskin Gloves easily in Sol A.

Edit: Verilyx was responsible for a couple questions that I was unsure if I answered correctly, or clearly. Looking back I would have called the item, which comes in a pair, symmetrical. In a stoned moment I looked at a single hand and made the judgement, lol. I couldn't in good faith call the item a plate item, because its clearly a set of caster gloves. I couldn't say the Gloves were made of metal despite being plate in appearance because they seem magically derived, not crafted of organic material. T'was fun though, thanks for the opportunity :)

Eggolas is next up.
  12. Verily Tjark Augur

I demand a new game! Maybe Eggolas!
    Zaray likes this.