EverQuest Trivia #607

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Mary Poppins, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Mary Poppins Augur

Summary:

Yes:
    • Is it something visible to the character?
    • Is it something tangible? (possibly misleading)
    • Is it something in the environment? Meaning the geography of the zone and it has polygons or a model or whatever the technical term is.
    • Is it in one specific zone?
    • Is it on terrestrial, modern-day, common-Dimension Norrath?
    • Is it a city? (The answer is not actually a city, but for the sake of the game... whoever can name the correct city can be the winner because the full answer is too obscure for 99.9% of the current EQ player-base to remember)
    • Is it a city that isn't in a designated city zone? (again, the answer isn't a city, but the city that is involved is one that isn't in a designated city zone - per alla's)
    • Something in Kunark? (YES!!! Dread's previous summary inaccurately put this question in the wrong section)
    • Is it something in a zone designated as an outdoor zone?

No:
    • Is it an item?
    • Is it an NPC? (possibly misleading)
    • Is it Lucian on coniver?
    • Was it introduced in original EQ?
    • Is it on Antonica?
    • Temple of vesion?
    • Those replies link to the weirdest posts... are they clues? (they were not meant to be clues, but some of those linked posts do have a weird, round-about relation to the final answer)
    • Is it a building or in a building?
    • Is it something that hangs on or from a building?
    • Is it something either on top of or under a building?
    • Is it in a Velious zone?
    • Is it in Faydwer?
    • Is it something below ground level?
    • City of mist?
    • Froglok city in the Swamp of No Hope?
    • Is this city surrounded by plains?
    • Is it in a zone that has been revamped in a new expansion?
    • Is it Sunrise Hills?

Other:
    • You can create a sig that will go on all your posts. You can access signature controls in your profile page.
    • Morit won the last trivia game. Because he is great.
    • Come on guys - ONE question per post until your previous ONE question has been answered. I'm ok with Alex doing it for now since he's new, but Dread needs to do better!
    • Thank you for trying to help with the summary, Dread. But please make sure you are accurate with it so you don't mess up other players.
    • I think Dread did it on purpose...
    • The actual answer is referenced in TUYCTHONTTMDNWYTK
    • Dread is not going to win this trivia game!
    Dreadmore likes this.
  2. Captain Video Augur

Is it the Outpost of Firiona?
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  3. Mary Poppins Augur

Yup, close enough for me.

The full answer is the old naked character model glitch in Firiona Vie that made all playable character models appear naked, but like I said - no one would ever get that at this point, so your guess is good enough to win.

This glitch was from WAY back - so far back that I can't even find any documentation about it anymore (believe me, I tried). However, I distinctly remember the posts and screenshots of various FV inhabitants wandering around butt-naked because I thought it very strange that none of them had any nipples. I suppose it's better that way... seeing as if they did, SOE would have had some explaining to do.

It's not something I got to experience myself, so I don't know if it was restricted to specific servers, or appeared only on certain computers, or if the whole thing was just a hoax. But it stuck with me all these years to the point were I even included a nod to it in my novel in 2010 (even back then, most people didn't get the reference and thought I made Firiona Vie a nudist colony just for the hell of it). So yeah, sorry - no screenshots.

On a related note, SOE later buggered up the whole zone and handed FV over to the stinky drows. I'm still pissed about that...

Anyway, I told you guys that Dread wasn't going to win this one! Grats, V - start the next one when you're ready.
    Captain Video likes this.
  4. Dreadmore Augur

Is it in Kunark?
    Mary Poppins and Captain Video like this.
  5. Captain Video Augur

I didn't start playing EQ1 until after EQ2 launched, so I have zero recollection of this "incident". I have seen naked character models in a few other games I've played, and I wasn't always sure they were glitches. :) Strikes me as something that could still happen today if a dev made a typo somewhere.

Old lore gets confusing to me when there are now so many alternate histories of what the original lore actually was, and I haven't found the TLPs to help in this regard. (Certain other MMORPGs which shall not be named are running into this same problem, and they are only now starting to get into the whole TLP business for the sake of their fans.) So Firiona was pretty much a guess for me, all I knew was that the zone is outdoors and has never been officially revamped.

As for the next game, here is a little hint: I recently rolled a toon on one of the SWG NGE emulators, and that may or may not have been an inspiration for my choice. *cackle*
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  6. Mary Poppins Augur

For you? Apparently not...

Congrats on winning the game... NOT! But you can start up a new one quickly before V does and pretend you won this one because people are too lazy to check. It totally works.
    Dreadmore likes this.
  7. alexander97 Lorekeeper

paneale
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  8. Mary Poppins Augur

Uh... No?
  9. alexander97 Lorekeeper

just realized trivia 608 started
    Mary Poppins likes this.