EverQuest Trivia #607

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Mary Poppins, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Mary Poppins Augur

No
  2. Dreadmore Augur

Hmm.... something in Kunark? Quite a few old cities there that are not city zones, but dungeons...
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  3. Mary Poppins Augur

Yes.

And I don't know about the city vs dungeon thing. All I know is alla's doesn't have it as "city" for type. Other zones I looked up had "city" listed as their type.
  4. Dreadmore Augur

Hmmm....... is it something below ground level?
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  5. Mary Poppins Augur

Could be misleading, but as worded... no.
  6. Dreadmore Augur

Hmmm.... I'm gonna assume it's Ruins of Kunark because I know you haven't really played in Empires of Kunark or Ring of Scale.

Is it something in a zone designated as an outdoor zone?
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  7. Dreadmore Augur

Also, wanted clarity on something: Previously I asked if it was a building or in a building, but you answered that it was not a building or buildings. Please rectify!
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  8. Verily Tjark Augur

City of mist?
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  9. Mary Poppins Augur

To answer your question, yes - it is in a zone that is designated as an outdoor zone.

To address your ASSumption... have you considered that I would specifically design a trivia answer that would lessen the likelihood that you (specifically dreadmore) would win? And therefore I would know that you would know that I haven't played the latest expansions, so you would likely ASSume that I wouldn't choose a trivia answer from those new zones, thereby making it ideal for me to, in fact, choose something from the latest expansion zones?

Just some food for thought: It is well documented that I am normally lazy by nature. But in the name of pulling a prank or otherwise messing with someone (in a friendly way), I do have a track record that proudly shows that would go through ridiculous lengths to accomplish my goals (for example, my TUYCTHONTTMDNWYTK novel, or more recently the weird links from the quotes earlier in this game). So you might want to think twice before making ANY ASSumptions regarding my logic in choosing an answer for this trivia game.

Also, just FYI... I'm going to be on the move shortly, so I won't be able to answer questions as often. I'll try to check in when I can.
  10. Mary Poppins Augur

No
  11. Mary Poppins Augur

A city is more than just a collection of buildings. And the actual trivia answer is not a city, but I said I would accept the correct city for the sake of the game because the actual answer would be so obscure that this game might never be solved (and that's usually not fun).

Therefore, I stand by my previous response.
  12. Dreadmore Augur

Wh-.... no it hasn't, but wh-, why would you do that to me??? ;(

Anyway, I'm gonna guess it's the froglok city in the swamp of no hope. Is it that or something within that or something to do with that?
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  13. Mary Poppins Augur

No.
  14. Dreadmore Augur

Dang, it's not the frogloks? I thought I pieced together the clues well. The only thing I didn't get was that you kept capitalizing certain letters in "assume"... What could they mean??? :confused:

Is this city surrounded by plains?
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  15. Dreadmore Augur

I'm gonna recap it for you.

Summary:

Yes:
    • Is it something visible to the character?
    • Is it something tangible? (possibly misleading)
    • Is it something in the environment? Meaning the geography of the zone and it has polygons or a model or whatever the technical term is.
    • Is it in one specific zone?
    • Is it on terrestrial, modern-day, common-Dimension Norrath?
    • Is it a city? (To specify, it's actually something related to a city, but it's so obscure and undocumented that nobody would actually get the answer anymore, so I'll settle for just the right city.)
    • Is it a city that isn't in a designated city zone? (According to alla's, other cities I looked up are designated as "city" as far as zone "type". The zone for the trivia answer has a different designation for zone type.)
    • Is it something in a zone designated as an outdoor zone?

No:
    • Is it an item?
    • Is it an NPC? (possibly misleading)
    • Is it Lucian on coniver?
    • Was it introduced in original EQ?
    • Is it on Antonica?
    • Temple of vesion?
    • Those replies link to the weirdest posts... are they clues? (they were not meant to be clues, but some of those linked posts do have a weird, round-about relation to the final answer)
    • Is it a building or in a building? (But it does have something to do with some buildings.)
    • Is it something that hangs on or from a building?
    • Is it something either on top of or under a building?
    • Is it in a Velious zone?
    • Is it in Faydwer?
    • Is it in Kunark?
    • Is it something below ground level? (possibly misleading)
    • City of mist?
    • Is it the froglok city in the Swamp of No Hope, or something within that city, or something to do with that city?

Other:
    • You can create a sig that will go on all your posts. You can access signature controls in your profile page.
    • Morit won the last trivia game. Because he is great.
    • Come on guys - ONE question per post until your previous ONE question has been answered. I'm ok with Alex doing it for now since he's new, but Dread needs to do better!
  16. Verily Tjark Augur

Is it in a zone that has been revamped in a new expansion?
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  17. Captain Video Augur

Is it Sunrise Hills?
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  18. Mary Poppins Augur

No. I don't think so.

And thanks for trying to help with the summary... but you actually put a question in the wrong place and might have screwed up other players. The zone in question IS in Kunark.
    Dreadmore likes this.
  19. Mary Poppins Augur

No. Not that I am aware of.
  20. Mary Poppins Augur

No.

Sorry, I think Dread's INACCURATE summary might have thrown you off, V.
    Dreadmore likes this.