Everquest Trivia #604

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Eggolas, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Eggolas Augur

No. Warm.
    Dreadmore likes this.
  2. Dreadmore Augur

No, of course it wouldn't be in the Third Gate.. you aren't trying to be fishy... fishy... fish...

... those paintings of the blind fish playing poker in The Blind Fish tavern...

... no... trying to be accurate...
    ... the dartboards in the Blind Fish tavern?
    Eggolas likes this.
  3. Eggolas Augur

Ding! I will give you the painting answer. In this case, the Poker Painting with three fish sitting at the table.

An iconic series (even Homer Simpson) of paintings is Dogs Playing Poker by CM Coolidge. Someone at Verant clearly had it in mind when making this digital representation in one of the more difficult inns to find.

Congratulations Dreadmore. That was good work. Looking forward to your next one.
    Dreadmore likes this.
  4. Dreadmore Augur

Dang, I went one step too far with reading into the "trying to accurate" clue.

I actually logged in to go looking around the tavern and got a good laugh at that painting. Fish wearing eyepatches! It reminded me that there are lots of these throughout the world: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/poker-paintings.41917/
    It was cool how much time the devs had to build these little easter eggs into the world back then.

I was hesitant to play this because I've been hosting a lot recently, but Eggolas my man, this was a legit, tricky and fun game. I couldn't help but play. Thank you for hosting!

I'll start the next round in the morning!
    Eggolas likes this.