EverQuest Trivia #596

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Mary Poppins, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Mary Poppins Augur

No
  2. Mary Poppins Augur

Well it's no Bertoxuus, so cap might not think so.... but I would say "yes".
  3. Mary Poppins Augur

No
  4. Mary Poppins Augur

Summary:

Yes:
    • Is it an NPC (possibly misleading)
    • Would it be game for a beer night with me and a couple friends every Saturday? (possibly misleading)
    • Is this a race? (more like a "species" - and the race/species is only part of the answer)
    • Do members of this species have legs?
    • Are members of this species humanoid?
    • Does this species either exactly exists in Earth (like bats and rats) or is obviously based on something on Earth (like frogs and frogloks)? (possibly misleading, but as worded... yes)
    • Does it look like it smells bad? (highly misleading... but it probably does stink)
    • Are its legs longer than its arms?
    • Was it introduced prior to RoF?
    • Does the service they provide primarily involve money?
    • Is it a mercenary?
    • Come into the game prior to Underfoot?
    • Need a specific mercenary contract?
    • Is it pretty? (yes - and not in a Bertoxuus kind of way)

No:
    • Is it evil?
    • Is it an item?
    • Will me being in its presence and in very close proximity make me feel any fear for my life? (for most people, no. For dread... maybe)
    • Does the misleading NPC have a dialogue? (they were not intended to have a conversation with anybody)
    • Is it often seen near death, trying to strike YOU, but misses?
    • Will I find it on the moon? (you could, but it does not have a particular connection to the moon)
    • If I were to kill it, take its flesh, desiccate it, grind it into powder, dissolve it into water, and ingest it, would my mood or health be significantly altered, whether acutely or chronically? (honestly, I have no idea, but there's no way for you to prove my "no" response as incorrect)
    • Did the answer to the Trivia exist in the Original EQ?
    • Can this thing's flesh be made into a potion by an alchemist?
    • Was it introduced prior to Luclin?
    • Does it sell something that is exclusive and only found among others of its kind?
    • Does it sell stuff at all?
    • Is it a Norrath's Keepers?
    • Does it keep my items and money in the bank for me?
    • Were they introduced prior to Omens of War?
    • Does this mercenary require a Legends of Norrath card?
    • Is it a werewolf mercenary?
    • Marionette?
    • Dark elf mercenary?
    • Gelidran?
    • Is its most-visible exterior while naked more hair-covered than skin-covered?
    • Did they come in at or before Prof of Ro?
    • A Hired Brownie?

Other:
    • Do members of this species provide a service in the game? (the answer to this trivia does provide a service in the game, but providing a service has nothing to do with its race/species)
    • Hint: I actually use this merc, which means that I'm pretty sure that Dread has actually seen it with me before the time we were both looking for Solusek Ro to spawn this past summer when I was going through PoP progression with my oldest son and he was finishing up his tradeskill aug upgrade quest.
  5. Eggolas Augur

Were they introduced in SoD? I suppose I could watch the videos and pictures linked on morituus.net to find out, right?
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  6. Mary Poppins Augur

Yes. It was introduced in SoD, although I don't think it was available at launch.

And that's two questions, but yes the answer is in there somewhere.
  7. Dreadmore Augur

Ooh, it's pretty!

Bellikos mercenary!
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  8. Mary Poppins Augur

No.

Now you're just doing it on purpose...
  9. Eggolas Augur

Minotaur?
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  10. SteelToe Elder

Scarecrow?
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  11. Dreadmore Augur

I actually don't remember seeing your mercenary. But as soon as you said pretty, I can only think of dangerous fish women. So... potamide?
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  12. Mary Poppins Augur

No.

You have a weird concept of "pretty"...
  13. Mary Poppins Augur

No
  14. Mary Poppins Augur

Yes. The naked siren merc is the correct answer.

[IMG]

It was a beta reward for SoD (along with the Minotaur one), but I actually got mine for participating in the UF beta due to some sort of bug with their reward system. Best merc ever. She's literally naked. Only drawback is she's also a fish, so she probably would smell a little weird irl.

Also, I'm pretty sure I have a screenshot of you and the merc while we were waiting for solusek. I'll post it if I can find it amongst the thousands of screenshots I took around that time.

I didn't know what the hell a potamide was, so I had to look it up (I think you did that on purpose). It's basically the same thing, so grats dread. If you don't want to run the next game, assign someone else or just let it be first come first served.
    Dreadmore likes this.
  15. Dreadmore Augur

Noooo, I didn't say Siren!!!!!

Fine... first person to reply to me here gets to host the next game!
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  16. Mary Poppins Augur

Lol. Stop being lazy, dread!
  17. Mary Poppins Augur

[IMG]

Found it.
  18. Dreadmore Augur

Fine fine, I'll start one up today...