Everquest Trivia #572

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Finfan, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Finfan Augur

The Rules:

- The Game Master (the one who won the last game) selects a person (NPC), place, or thing in-game related.

- Players then ask yes or no questions, to try to uncover the secret person/place/thing; however the Game Master does have the right to go beyond a simple yes or no answer if necessary. (For example, "I'm not sure" or "Probably" or "Yes, but be careful because that's misleading." )

- Players may ask only one question per post, and must not try to be sneaky by squeezing in two or more questions at once.

- A player may ask a new question as soon as his or her last question has been answered.

- The Game Master MUST answer all questions to the best of their ability, no matter how stupid (doodoo, ducks, etc), provided the question conforms to the rules above.

- The Game Master should post recaps of answers from time to time- once a page is a good idea.

- Once a person guesses the correct answer, he or she gets to host the next game, or can designate someone else to host it. Make a separate thread, and we will let this one die. That way we can better keep track of when one game begins and another ends. Keep numbering the games as we go along.

- If a player wins and does not start up another game within 24 hours of winning, the last person to guess before him or her gets to host the next game.

- If the game master does not respond within 24 hours to any posts then anyone may feel free to start the next round.

Previous game results at:
    http://the-ngp.morituus.net/eqtrivia.html

Answers to recent games:
    559 Blackburrow train to zone
    560 Beer Goggles
    561 Skin of Milk
    562 Revamped graphic for leather chest pieces
    563 Ring of the Ancients
    564 Gnoll Slayer
    565 Copper Node
    566 Gnome Mage
    567 Guardian Jerkin
    568 Trueshot Longbow
    569 Spoolie Gee
    570 The Maiden's Fancy in Neriak
    571 The moon Drinal

Good luck!
  2. Mary Poppins Augur

Is it related to icky dark elves?
  3. Finfan Augur

No
  4. Mary Poppins Augur

Is it an item or NPC?
  5. IblisTheMage Augur

Can it be seen in-game?
  6. Yruc Augur

is it equipible
  7. Finfan Augur

Try asking a yes or no question.
  8. Finfan Augur

Yes
  9. Finfan Augur

No
  10. qweasy Augur

That is a yes or no question tho.
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  11. Finfan Augur

I don't think so, but for the sake of peace on the board I'll answer it.
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  12. Finfan Augur

Yes
  13. Yruc Augur

is it an NPC
  14. Finfan Augur

Yes
  15. Mary Poppins Augur

I second qweasy's motion that my previous question WAS a yes/no question.

Does the NPC have boobies?
  16. Finfan Augur

No
  17. Mary Poppins Augur

Does the NPC likely have a phallus?
  18. Mary Poppins Augur

Also, pertaining to the yes/no nature of my second question...

The question, as stated, was "Is it an item or NPC?" Meaning if it fell into either category then the answer would be "yes", whereas if it fell in neither category the answer would be "no".

Had the question been worded as "Is it an item or is it a NPC?" then that would be inquiring if it was "one or the other" only and would not typically constitute a yes/no response.

We have had many issues like this over the years where the addition, or absence, of a single word changes the meaning and appropriate response to the question. The most recent example (which, by complete coincidence, also involved one of my questions) was when I asked "Is it a pretty graphic" (it had already been established that the answer had a graphic that could be seen in-game). The game master interpreted it as "Is it pretty graphic" (without the word "a") and answered "yes" to the question. This significantly changed how the game was played and had a diffinitive effect on the final outcome because Morit does not consider Bertox to be "pretty".
  19. Finfan Augur

In that the NPC is a humanoid male and in general such beings are assumed to possess a phallus I will answer Yes. However since the character is essentially a drawing it is likely that if all of his clothing were removed he could actually be as anatomically correct as a Ken doll.
    IblisTheMage and Mary Poppins like this.
  20. Mary Poppins Augur

Lol, nice.

So does this Ken doll wear a dress?