EverQuest Trivia #562

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Mary Poppins, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Snack Augur

This is also a NO because this graphic existed on launch day.
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  2. Captain Video Augur

I'm the wrong person to ask when it comes to individual item appearances. I'm the kind of player who likes to go to zones, do quests, and you know, like, keel stuff.

Is this item obtained by giving a writ to a guildmaster?
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  3. Finfan Augur

Is it a spell effect graphic?
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  4. Mary Poppins Augur

No
  5. Mary Poppins Augur

No
  6. Mary Poppins Augur

I'm going to say "no". It's not a graphic that is specific to one item.

I had to look it up and the only pic I saw was of a male human. Was it like that for females too? (Just curious...)
  7. Mary Poppins Augur

Yeah, see my comment above.

Btw, isn't this like the second or third time you ruled out your own guess?
  8. Mary Poppins Augur

No.

And it's not an individual item graphic, as in specific to one item. Some of the others had the right idea. I'm gonna be kinda lenient on this one, because otherwise it might take a while. As I mentioned earlier, we got things narrowed down considerably so at this point I'm willing to just accept the last detail and then explain with the answer reveal. Look in the last page for clarification on what I mean by "last detail". I said at some point I was looking for two remaining things, and we established what one of them was so I'm just looking for the other one and we can call it a game...
  9. Mary Poppins Augur

No
  10. Mary Poppins Augur

Summary inc once I boot up my comp, then I gotta go to work. First official day of work for us - summer's over :(

Last night I thought I wouldn't have to do another summary...
  11. Mary Poppins Augur

Summary...

Yes:
    • Is it a graphic in-game? E.g. armor texture
    • Is this graphic shared by multiple items?
    • Is it a graphic that can be worn on a character?
    • Is it a type of armor texture?
    • Is it a chest slot graphic?

No:
    • Is it a specific place?
    • Would it be possible to put the answer in my mouth? (could be misleading if Boze has a big mouth)
    • Is it an NPC?
    • Did it once belong to a giant?
    • Is it an item? (could be misleading - there is a correlation to some items)
    • Did it exist on launch day in March of 1999?
    • Is it a title?
    • Is it a physical thing that you could put into a giant capacity backpack? (could be misleading)
    • Would it be found in a city? (possibly misleading - not exclusive to any city)
    • Is it an object? (assuming zone object like a door or table or tree, etc.)
    • Is it a spell?
    • Is it a faction?
    • Is it a server? (see below for clarification on servers and boxes)
    • Is it an un-specific location? (it is not a location)
    • Is it a quest?
    • Is it an event?
    • Is it considered a monster? (and therefore no, it has nothing to do with Morit's phallus)
    • Is it something our characters would not know about, think about, but us as players would? (both characters and players would know about it)
    • Is it a player?
    • Is it a dev?
    • Is it a sound/music?
    • Is it class specific? (could be misleading - some classes are more inherently associated with it, but it's not restricted to them)
    • Is it a Krono Farmer?
    • Is it a graphic that would go on your head?
    • Is it a particle effect off a weapon?
    • Is this graphic unique to the item?
    • Is it a painting on a wall?
    • Is it a Hero's Forge suit of armor?
    • Is it a playable race?
    • Is it a "plate armor" look?
    • Is the graphic held in a character's hand?
    • Is it Heritage?
    • Is it available from the marketplace?
    • Is it an illusion?
    • Is it the "custom" graphic available on cowl of morality?
    • Is it the flames on the Fiery Avenger?
    • Is it the effect an ornament used to change the appearance of ones equipment?
    • Does it appear as a robe?
    • It is associated with an item that has a robe icon?
    • Is it a Mesh armor set?
    • Is it a cloth chest slot (graphic)?
    • Is it a chain chest slot graphic?
    • Is it the monk shiverback hide graphic for the chest?
    • Is this item obtained by giving a writ to a guildmaster?
    • Is it a spell effect graphic?

Other:
    • This should be over already. I think you guys did this on purpose to make me do more work writing another summary...
  12. Yruc Augur

Is it a leather graphic?
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  13. Mary Poppins Augur

See? You guys did that on purpose just to make me do another summary...

Yes. To be specific, it's the "new"/revamped graphic for leather chest pieces. I think the revamped graphics were introduced with Luclin (I'm going by memory here - nobody asked, so I didn't have to actually look it up).

The reason I chose this one is similar to snack's line of thinking... With the "new" graphics on, if you put that thing on a female woodelf while having her wear all plate for the other slots, it kinda looks like she's running around in practically a bra. For some reason, it's not quite the same if she's in all leather (even though technically it's showing the same amount of cleavage).

I've linked this a couple times before, but here's a visual if you don't know what I'm talking about:
    [IMG]

From the back it's even worse - you just see the bra strap. However, one drawback (or benefit, if you like that kind of stuff) is the weird tells you get from people.

Anyway, grats Yruc. Start up the next trivia game (and don't forget summaries!)
  14. Snack Augur

Females were slightly different. It wasn't limited to shiverback hide, that's just the one I remember it from. Wu's also had it and I think the monk newbie tunic had it too.
  15. Snack Augur

2nd i think.