Everquest Trivia #561

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Captain Video, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Captain Video Augur

The exact item has not yet been guessed by anyone, so I am still waiting to declare a winner. When I do, I have a prepared answer for the concerns just expressed.
  2. Skeetari Lorekeeper

Skin of Milk.

If this is the answer I nominate Morit to do the next one, I pass.

Also wanna see what CapV has to say.
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  3. Mary Poppins Augur

Yeah, it has to be Skin of Milk out of those two choices. The other is a food. Grats Skee.

This was a hard one, I liked it (although I still want those 6 hours of my life back!). Just going by my faulty memory, I think this is the longest eq trivia game (page-wise) that I've ever participated in, so it's a great honor to be the winner. I was actually trying to win this one from around page 6... yes, I usually don't try to win the game - I kinda try to figure it out, but mostly just goof off. But I was legit in full-on competitive mode like in the old days, and you guys still beat me. /salute

Now that we know what the answer is, I can see what V was talking about. I probably would have answered differently for a couple and thrown out the "but this could be misleading" line a lot, but that's how the game goes - each game has its own personality depending on the gm and the active players and the decisions they make. And tbh, nothing in this game threw me off more than the "pretty Bertox" incident of trivia #558 did... In the end, I can totally see the phallus resemblance (in more was than one) so I have no complaints. GG, V.

I refuse to host the next game - you guys legit beat me at my best. The honor of running the next game belongs to skee. Or if he refuses, then Boze. This one was truly an epic trivia game, so the next one really should be run by one of those two. So stop slacking, work it out which of you is gonna do it, and start the next one!
  4. Captain Video Augur

We have a WINNER!! Congratulations. I will leave it to our fearless leader to see if Morit has one ready to go.

Now everyone please follow along... The server does not alter any aspect of character configuration (stats, equipment, inventory) when zoning. Starting inventory is populated in the character creation process, based on class selection, before the first zone-in. Starting inventory items are marked with an * after their item names, to avoid duplication in the database. (Backpack and Backpack* are two separate items; the latter is no-trade on blue servers, the former is not.)

Skin of Milk is not acquired in any zone in the game, >except< in the Boomerang Brawl monster mission (quest) in Underfoot. You can search for it, forage for it, search some more until you're blue in the face, and you won't find any or acquire any in any zone. A new toon will have this item in the TUTORIAL, which is outside of Norrath and occurs before you first set foot in your starting city, whether that is in a Classic zone, or Kunark, or Luclin. Class/race choices were thus irrelevant in this game. I dropped a none-too-subtle hint along the way that the tutorial >was< relevant, but no one picked up on it.

The click effect is the adjustment of your drink timer. Zam shows a duration for most but not all drinkable items. Skin of Milk is listed as duration (30) [minutes], which I don't think is accurate, since as a "refreshing drink" it should be 120 minutes. How the food and drink timers are maintained, exactly, has changed over the years, and I don't think there is a definitive current source for which items last precisely how long in wall-clock time. However, I was comfortable to answering "yes" to the questions about both click effect and Zam. The drink and food timers are both important, since if you ignore them you'll eventually stop regenerating health, mana and endurance.

I said yes to "balls" first, and then yes to "phallus" second, as they were asked in that order. The assumption that it can't be both is incorrect, IMHO, but feel free to argue amongst yourselves on the point.
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  5. Mary Poppins Augur

Yeah, in hindsight I get the clues and connections. You're still an evil bastard.
  6. Mary Poppins Augur

This paragraph demonstrates why eq trivia is so great. Where else would a statement like this be even remotely coherent and still be legitimately related to Everquest?
  7. Boze TLP complaint factory

Yeah your answers make sense in hindsight even if I don't totally agree. I think your "click effect" distinction was probably the biggest hang-up for folks. I jumped in at like page 10 on this one, after others had done all the heavy lifting, so I won't be hosting the next one.
  8. CaptainSkeet Augur

Skeetari is my other acc, logged in on accident. I’ve done two already, I’m good for now. This was a fricken marathon.
  9. Mary Poppins Augur

You two suck.

Fine, I'll start up one. It'll probably be my last one to host since summer break is ending for me.

The last time I ran a one, I promised I would behave out of respect for the game since we were just starting it up again. I make no such guarantees this time.
  10. Snack Augur

I will argue semantics that this item comes to exist in zones outside of the tutorial. Any of the potential newbie starting zones can produce this item as you can choose to skip the tutorial. Although I can't remember if you can actually start in starting cities anymore, or if it is just Crescent Reach or the tutorial. CR would make Antonica a place to source this item as well.
  11. Captain Video Augur

When asked it the item "exists" in starting zones, I said yes. When asked if the item was "found" in starting zones, I said no. I have already explained my reasoning.