EverQuest: the Game, the Team: Today and Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Phathom, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Sinestra Augur

They said that epic ornaments didn't make the notes, but they will be in the patch. It was an oversight in the notes.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  2. Fenthen aka Rath

Some of that is due to lack of illusions, auras, item particles, pets, etc that did not exist back then. We load up multiple additional models when we zone into a new area now.
  3. Sinestra Augur

They said that it would be in before the summer in the original announcement, not this patch.
  4. Sinestra Augur

That might make it closer, but it won't be as bad as the GL in my opinion even now. Regardless this change will do nothing to help lag in the GL as people will continue to sit there for all the free buffs since that is where people will continue to cast them.
  5. Fenthen aka Rath

PoK is a much more open zone, which may start causing clipping plane issues with some folks. However, I'll greatly appreciate being able to work on tradeskills while not dropping my raid buffs. ;)
  6. roth Augur

Which goes back to my comment that the need to reduce the zones that have that timer suspension, not increase them.

I could see the bazaar, only when in trader/buyer modes. And the Guild Hall. I can even see a case for the neighborhoods (and all the buildings in there - including the neighborhood guild hall).

But not zones people travel through. Not PoK, not PoTranq, not the Nexus, and not the Guild Lobby.
  7. Axxius Augur

There is still a bug: Party Popper Nimbus is able to be cast. :mad: Please fix that.
    Koutarou and Neodraykl like this.
  8. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I'm going to guess that they just changed it like "if (CurrentZone == "GuildLobby")" to "if (CurrentZone.NoCombatAllowed == true)" in whatever syntax is appropriate for their scripting.
  9. Tegila Augur

i dont see the issue. if you think its going to clog up the othe zones more, then lobby will be less clogged and nowehre else will become more clogged. if you think lobby will stay teh same, it wont affect anywerhe else except that you wont lose buffs running ot get ts supplies from pok (idk why youd worry about working ts's and losing raidbuffs when anyone can put ts containers in tehir halls now including the ones you didnt used to have standign containers for anywhere, like bowls, alchemy, poison, fletching.

lobby didnt used to be this way it slowly became it. on saryrn beforem erger, at least a couple years before anyway, people would do that, call mgbs on east or call on west call at throne call at magus. and peple would go get them. magus is jstu wehre they ended up consolidating bc when you zone out of the halls thats wehre you appear, can pop out do your mgbs and pop back in
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  10. Axxius Augur

Tegila likes this.
  11. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

That makes me want to play EQ Next even less
    Sinestra likes this.
  12. Kurayami Augur

Oh really? Permadeath, sounds like someone watched a little too much Sword Art Online over there. It sounds hardcore and extreme and great and all, but in reality it is a big giant fail. Ever have a slight lag spike or any connection/hardware problems, oh well too bad, permadeath for you, all work gone! Have any interest in challenging your build to see what you can really do, hope you ready for a great big rage quit if it ever doesn't work out. Oh no, what this will do is get everyone killing the weakest possible mobs 1 at a time to slowly level up and only fight mobs beyond trivial.

Just no John Smedley, do not go down this dark path, going to kill the game before it even launches.
  13. Gorehammer Lorekeeper

I've been *dying* to have the options menu allow me to hide Pets (and therefore familiars too), Swarm Pets, Mercenaries, Mercenary Names, etc. Not just for the lag reduction, but also just to see better. I'd understand if they wouldn't want players to hide these NPCs, but maybe at least when in a raid, as it's bad enough displaying 53 other people scurrying around, seeing another 53 pets hurts my computer and my eyeballs. =)

And woot on the new frozen buff timer zones! I wanted PoK to have this 10 years ago hehe.
    Fenthen likes this.
  14. Gorehammer Lorekeeper

I think people will enjoy being in PoK again, it's still kind of nostalgic to me, anyway. That's in part why I suggested it. But people can spread out more in PoK, and more people in PoK = fewer in Lobby. I think more people will be just fine AFKing or hanging out in PoK to escape the cluster-lag of the lobby. Plus, if you're already all buffed up you are free to step out into PoK with no need to be in Lobby any more to hold those buffs you just got.

The Guild Hall has become the new PoK, however; the hub of transportation to the world of Norrath, to content both new and old alike. If, for this reason, many people are still hanging out near the Guild Hall doors, then I agree with whoever suggested making a separate area in Lobby where buff timers freeze, to get everyone filtered away from the main functions of the Lobby.

Ultimately, it's the MGB'ers themselves who really determine where people cluster consistently. If you keep giving your dog treats in the kitchen, that's where he'll beg and "camp" for his cookies. But if you only give him his treats on the back porch, he'll learn very quickly to keep going there if he wants yum yums.
    Darktower and Mellifleur like this.
  15. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Yep, one of the monks on Test just linked the 2.0 ornament; though I couldn't see it since the item data isn't on live servers yet lol.
  16. Mellifleur Augur

It did, for a short time.
  17. Mellifleur Augur

Well said my friend.
  18. Caudyr Augur

I don't think it'll be more likely to make people spread out, but it'll mean that people can do some other things while LFG w/o worrying about their buffs counting down on them. Tradeskills...work on their house/yard, etc.
    While you're right on both counts...just wanted to point out that making the zones that are being made to freeze buffs do so will not really affect anything as a result, because people will still congregate here. It'll just do as I said above and open up the things that people can do while they're LFG, when they don't have to worry about their buffs fading.

On another note...I'm looking forward to seeing what sort of storyline the rogue epic ornamentation questline gives. Can't wait for the 'beta' for Shadows of Fear to start, too. ;)
    Sinestra likes this.
  19. Braveheart Augur

So as I see it, everyone wants MGB turned OFF in the timer frozen zones?
  20. Piestro Augur

This was tweeted during a meeting where I was presenting on the topics of discussion on the EQ forums. Because there is a lot of EQNext speculation in the offtopic forums, it was one of the subjects touched on. I'm pretty sure he was trolling me.

Edit: By pretty sure, I mean I'm pretty sure I was one of the targets of his trolling.
    artofnoise, Ellyra and Mellifleur like this.