Everquest Rules

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Lagarta, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Lagarta New Member

Where are the Everquest rules, to know if it is legal to use third party programs (BOTs) or not
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

They can be located at Google.com
  3. KermittheFroglok Augur

Don't use Google, only reference what DBG posts on the official site. The terms of serivce (i.e. rules) can be found below.

https://www.daybreakgames.com/terms-of-service

To answer your question explicitly bots and any program or exploit that gives an unfair or unintended advantage are prohibited. (see terms excerpt below)

CHEATING

Maintaining the integrity of the Daybreak Games is extremely important to us. When an end user obtains an unfair advantage by cheating it can ruin the gaming experience for everybody else. You may not disassemble, reverse engineer, or modify any Daybreak Game(s) software in any way. You may not decrypt or modify any data transmitted between the game software and Daybreak’s game servers. You may not develop, share, or use any software, program, macro, or interface that modifies the game play in any way or that gives a user any kind of advantage over other end users, except as expressly authorized by Daybreak. All forms and methods of cheating, including hacks, bots, aimbots, and duping are expressly forbidden. The sale or exchange of accounts, Virtual Items, Virtual Currency, Krono and/or in-game currency for real world money or monetary value is prohibited, except when purchased from Daybreak or otherwise expressly permitted by Daybreak in its sole and absolute discretion. Daybreak reserves the right to suspend or permanently terminate the account of, and restrict access to the Daybreak Games by, any end user that engages in any form of cheating, or that attempts in any way to disable, circumvent, or tamper with any anti-hacking or anti-cheating components or features of any Daybreak Game(s).
  4. Wonderer New Member

I see people using multi-box software every day. I see people using damage parsing software every day. So where are these softwares "expressly authorized by Daybreak?" I see this policy from Daybreak, but it sure is confusing what is allowed and what is not allowed when so many players are CLEARLY using boxing and damage parsing software. Which applications are allowed Daybreak? Which ones are clearly not allowed? Why is it SO HARD to get a clear answer from you? And if all these softwares are BANNED, then WHY ARE YOU NOT DOING ANYTHING ABOUT IT?
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

For the same reason the guy in front of you ran the stop sign and the cop didn't pull him over but YOU got pulled over when you ran same sign 1 minute later. RNG!!!!
    Duder and Dythan like this.