EverQuest Producer's Letter Fall 2021

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Nov 2, 2021.

1. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

This is most likely the case, a rush of people hitting the servers is probably something they don't want right now.
    Keella likes this.
  2. Shindius Journeyman

Pretty much any standard Micro ATX, ATX or ITX motherboard will fit in that case. You may have to move the stand offs around but that's not a big deal at all.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

Thank you. Hardware is not my strong suit. My present system was pretty good when I bought it, but it could stand upgrading now. Sort of planning ahead and I am likely going to wait until component prices decline a fair bit.
    Shindius likes this.
  4. Shindius Journeyman

A couple of affordable and beneficial upgrades are using an SSD for the main drive instead of a standard hard drive and upgrading your RAM.
    Skuz and MasterMagnus like this.
  5. RangerDave Lorekeeper

As I noted in the 64-bit announcement thread, the backend upgrade is fantastic news, as it signals a real commitment to the game by Darkpaw in the years to come. The fact that they're expanding the art team does as well. That said, though, if they're considering or planning a graphical revamp of existing zones and models, I hope they don't just scrap all the existing art/models. A game-wide facelift could be good for the longevity of EverQuest, but it would run the risk of losing the nostalgia factor that keeps many veterans playing and returning players, well, returning. The popularity of TLPs should hopefully counsel against a game-wide repeat of the Freeport 2.0 debacle!

Ideally, what I'd like to see them do is allow for hotswitching between old and new graphics/models, like with the Halo Master Chief Collection. I imagine that means retaining existing geometry and a meaningful amount of extra work and system resources compared to just revamping from scratch, but I think it's the best way to modernize the game's appearance while still retaining the nostalgia factor that's kept EQ alive all these years.
    Skuz likes this.