EverQuest Producer’s Letter April 2023

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Apr 5, 2023.

1. Faydra Augur

Feedback.

1. I'm willing to try the new stuff, not sure how its going to go, but will go into it with an open-mind.
    2. Add free trade, this is the single best thing you could do to get people to actually play on Oakwynd.
    Crabman, Tenne, liveitup1216 and 4 others like this.
  2. Grummle Journeyman

I've been anxiously waiting for the TLP ruleset to drop, really hoping for something new and innovative. I was done with TLPs until the Mischief ruleset was announced two years ago, that pulled me back in, but in two years, I fell off the wagon and the server has gone on well beyond my scope of nostalgia and I just don't feel the pull anymore. I was hoping for something to bring back a spark, but this is just damp sand. I'm going to have to talk to my group of friends, we may just find something else to do instead.
    Vicus and hellofriend like this.
  3. Paladin42069 New Member

I think all the population was asking for was another Mischief with maybe a tweak or two. These zany experimental servers aren't it at all.
    Gukbok, wade_watts, Kunfo and 4 others like this.
  4. hellofriend New Member

This TLP ruleset would suggest devs don't listen or care for player feedback/suggestions
    PCSS, KronoCatcher, Gukbok and 2 others like this.
  5. Thewiz Augur

Please make Oakwynd free trade.
    jordune, Aiona, Elabone and 4 others like this.
  6. Gromryk New Member

If you're ever going to do encounter locking on all servers, then there at least needs to be a way similar to the /taskadd command so that you can allow friends to help out. My friend and I are not raiders or hard-core gamers, so we often can't kill current content named with a single group. As a result, we have multiple accounts and use 2 separate groups with mercs to be able to kill the harder group named we need to kill to upgrade our gear, and then share the loot as agreed; whichever group did the most DPS gets the kill credit. We may be lame, but not being able to work together would prevent us from ever being able to play all of the current group content.
    PCSS, Grove, Appren and 2 others like this.
  7. Siah Elder

Can you limit this to just raid encounters please? Honestly, then it wouldn't be so bad. Doing this with all NPC's is just going to overcomplicate everything and cause even more issues with people tagging other groups named/mobs without giving them the ability to even contest it. The DPS race system was the fairest way to do things. It wasn't perfect, but this new system is going to cause so many issues. Nothing is going to stop me or anyone else from running around tagging other groups named just because we were able to agro it first, even though the rest of our party is on the other side of the zone.
    PCSS and Dragon Jockey like this.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Well done trying something different, and having Relaxed Truebox & Truebox being turned off scheduled, albeit you don't seem to have settled on the whens - but the GoD for relaxed & TSS for switched off completely would be my preferred whens.

However, no Beastlord & Berserker at the launch means see you next year Darkpaw.
    Appren and Barton like this.
  9. Grummle Journeyman

Literally couldn't be happier than if that was what they offered.

throw us something crazy like no class/race restrictions, make it fun.
    Magneress likes this.
  10. Crackers Elder

This. Many people will try what you're experimenting with, but the lack of free trade / Mischief loot rules is insane to me. I would venture to guess the vast majority of those who experienced it love it, prefer it, and want it. This server will have a much smaller draw because of the lack of that loot rules piece.

I disagree and agree. They clearly listened on some pieces, not on others. Relaxed true box has been a huge call, and as already stated, the loot rules are not what the vocal majority of players have asked for.
    PCSS likes this.
  11. Sashiose New Member

Can't wait to see how it plays out! See you all in Norrath :D
    PCSS and Magneress like this.
  12. Accendo Guest

The above lines have been updated.
  13. Accendo Guest

25% more.
    PCSS, Magneress, Aiona and 1 other person like this.
  14. Crackers Elder

Agree on 1, this would be an improvement.
    Neutral on 2.
    Disagree on 3, it's 16 weeks of PoP, which is 20% shorter than in the past for most TLPs. While I still am a proponent of combining Classic with Kunark, and LDoN with PoP, because they only makes sense together, having it shortened is still a win. We reach PoP 12 weeks sooner than we had in the past, and we're entering Omens after just over a year. That's a huge improvement on timeline. Previously we weren't even halfway through PoP at the year mark.
  15. Dailor Augur

Encounter locking and Everquest don't mix. I'd take Phinny clone #69 over this.
  16. Jedis Arch Mage

Yes, this 100%. We need a way to have "account groups" to link all of our accounts together so that the bonus is collectively applied to all accounts in the account group.
  17. Lucerin Apprentice

Hello team,

First off, I'd like to thank you for providing such a wonderful experience for my guild on Mischief since its launch. We've managed to keep over 130 main raiders, their boxes, and their alts engaged and having fun with plenty of things to do to keep us busy this far into a TLP. That's a huge testament to the groundwork laid by the team, but it also highlights one of the key issues with Oakwynd.

Oakwynd is designed as a legacy server: Get your bonuses by leveling multiple characters on a single account.

For what? The first 50 weeks of this TLP will be end-game raiding managed by Agents of Change. Agents of Change share an account-wide lockout. This time period is extremely important for server longevity. Oakwynd will introduce a benefit that will go almost completely unrealized. A player raids on one of those high level characters, and none of the others can take part in any DZ raiding during that time. AOC account-wide lockouts are going to hurt that niche tremendously in the first 12 months. When it ends, the era of the 70's enters. And with any luck, enough of the era bonuses will keep people involved through that slog. When asking what can be done to retain players, the answer is almost always - "give them something meaningful to do."

Please consider removing account-wide AOC lockouts for Oakwynd. People don't want to spend time on characters they can't use.

I love Mischief, and I respect the attempt to keep us moving forward while trying to innovate here with Oakwynd. I don't think enough attention is being paid towards the niche the Oakwynd is trying to fill.

Secondly, I know this is a new idea, but consider in lieu of the decision that was made for no free-trade, instead, adding the Heirloom tag to no drop items on that server. It's also an experimental idea, but it heavily supports keeping people doing things and lines up nicely with the legacy characters being advertised without fundamentally changing the player market like free trade does.

You can get a lot more people involved in things if they know they could possibly get loot for the other legacy characters they have leveled up.

Finally, I'm looking at this through the lens of how to keep people busy and logging in. That was my number one goal on Mischief, and so far we've been extremely successful. I wish Oakwynd the best of luck, and hopefully it can become the new flagship server for Darkpaw.

-Lucerin

TL;DR:
    - Remove account-wide lockouts for AOCs
    - Change all "No Drop" items to add the "Heirloom" tag
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Really dislike the way they want to lock mobs to a group, so many ways to grief that. I'm just waiting for a server of bards all running round with trains of mobs, that no one else can kill. No more derailing trains, no more slows outisde of groups. I cannot think of any thing posative for this mechanic.

I would rather have seen The Judicator mecanic from Plane of War where they Named is tied to the group who killed the PHs.
  19. Higglefrump New Member

Fippy aggros newbie. Newbie dies. Fippy aggros another newbie before resetting and goes on an invincible rampage.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  20. Brazy Augur

Training = EverQuest

These FTE changes belong in EQ2 and WoW not EverQuest. Please remove FTE. You guys are literally trying to change the core things that make EverQuest what it is.

Consider an alternative server for people who want a normal Phinny clone.
    Kunfo and Siah like this.