EverQuest Perks Now Live

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fenthen, Oct 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Rather invest $58 a year into pizza!
    :)
    I spend too much in the DB store as it is.

I will be cutting back now though.
    This is because I have seen no effert toward the player population anywhere from the team on addressing how we feel about this idea of the topic 'perks'.

This was not how the game was.

I know this is the VERY beginning of pay to win features starting. The leep has been done.
    Soon in the future, there will be 1 mill AE DD's abilities to use during RAIDS or specific areas for $29.99 a month.

I am just unhappy about this pay to win feature. Potions and such were temporary purchases with game currency, db coin. But now it is straight flat-out cash per month to pay to win with exp, UI, raid coin boosts.

I also feel I'm mostly alone here in my beliefs on the topic. A lot of folks feel it is a good step in the direction they see fit.

I'm just (once again) disapointed on the lack of company to player base communication.

There needs to be changes. So, I am going to be making changes.
    I'm not dumping hundreds into the game as I have been. My past 4 months of bank statements are hidious on how much I have been spending on the game.
    Qelil likes this.
  2. demi Augur

I seriously feel they should keep bag space or inventory space ie extra inventory slots or bank slots for expansions .. not have them on a monthly PERK .. its ridiculous that we have to pay monthly for inventory slots that used to be included with expansion purchases .. I will not be using them mainly for the fact that I do let my sub run out at times when im not playing or when i just want to play an alt for awhile that is low lvl ..

Ive been playing EQ a very long time now maybe too long .. it might be time to put up the ole game ..
    I keep telling myself I hope im not playing this game when im 60 and here I am 50 and 60 is just around the corner .. we shall see .. how this next year goes .. and the next expansion or if they come out with more perks that add more inventory slots .. if they do that again IM DONE..
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  3. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I hear ya..
    My point is, they don't give a .....
    They obviously don't. I don't see one reaction from the team on how we feel on the perk topic.

I have 3 accounts, $58 for 2 bags per account. No
  4. KermittheFroglok Augur

Let's all be nice to the Devs and accept the obvious. This perk thing is clearly something the marketing & revenue analyst guys quickly came up with during happy hour after seeing the revenue from lifetime memberships fall off (let's assume they recognized it over 3 years, but you can definitely argue around how to account for it regarding FASB ASC606 under USGAAP). Seriously, I use to be a financial analyst at a fortune 500 company, this is totally something the business side of me would've pitched until I moved to the accounting side of things.

I don't like the perks, but I'll take it over them outright nerfing AllAccess to the extent you can't progress. I'll get frustrated when it ceases to be quality of life and becomes necessary. (i.e. I'll have an issue if my lifetime AllAccess accounts become the new "Silver")
  5. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

My 'don't give a ' is toward this marketing decision. I'm sure it is corporate. I'm always nice!
    But there should have been a MASS RAID from the team to rebuttle this idea from not passing. It passed ;(
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

For all we know the devs did speak up against this but that doesn't mean the people suggesting this idea are going to change their minds. All we know is that perks have been created and released but not who thought of the idea, who supported it and whop opposed it.

At this point there is no need to place blame on anyone just let them know your feelings about it which it seems you have already got well covered at this point.
    Shindius likes this.
  7. MageGuy MageGuy

I honestly, 100%, no exaggeration going on here, don't get how or why so many of you have lost your minds over the addition of perks. Are you all that bad off that you can't afford 5 more dollars a month to play the game that you need in your life? Eat one less cheeseburger.
  8. Qelil Augur

It is a matter of principle. Obviously, just about anyone who can afford to play this at all can afford perks if they want them. That is not the point.

Adding tiers of subscriptions on top of a subscription is offensive to some of us when we know the game is already profitable and we know that historically at least, profits from this game have been redirected to other projects rather than this one which could at this point certainly use some additional investment.

I recognize that while some including myself find this offensive that others welcome the perks and consider the expense trivial for them. I think you are onto something here though in that at some point we need to just agree to disagree. Those who like them are not going to change their minds. Those that resent them are not going to change their minds either. So, arguing endlessly about why this is not okay, yes it is okay, no it isn't okay and so on is not going anywhere good.

There has been plenty of feedback at this point. Human nature being what it is we cannot resist the back and forth going on here without some help. This thread should be locked now. There is nothing more to discuss here. There is nothing positive to come from arguing with each other about this regardless of which point of view one might have.

Whoever moderates this stuff, please just lock this. Save us from ourselves.
    Stymie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.