Everquest not detecting my Nvidia Graphics card?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xailiax, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Xailiax New Member

In game configuration my Nvidia 560M Graphics card is not showing up, only Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000. any suggestions?
  2. Xailiax New Member

Solved it, nevermind :)
  3. Rorce Augur

What are your solution, for anyone else who stumbles upon this while looking for help with the same problem?

I had this issue a couple weeks ago, and a reboot solved it.
    Daedly, Cazmac and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  4. Nolrog Augur

I run into this once in a blue moon. I close out EQ and reopen it and it's usually fine. Seems like a weird quirk.
  5. Daedly Augur

I had this issue for awhile now. Once I started up a 4th account, it ended up lowering my FPS on each instance to like 18 or 20. What I had to do was right click on .exe and change the default video card to my Nvidia. Since I also use WinEQ, I also had to do the same thing for that program. I also changed Nvidia global settings from auto choosing to always using the Nvidia card. Hoping that won't screw anything else up, so far so good though.

After doing that, it started only showing the Nvidia and didn't show the integrated anymore. Also, my FPS went back to the max it is set at on all 4 accounts.
  6. svann Augur

Thats a laptop or all in one card, is it not? I had the same issue but it really wasnt an issue. It appeared to eq settings that it was using the on board graphics. But when I opened the nvidia control panel (not sure of that name) it showed increased usage when playing the game. I take that to mean that eq really was using the graphics card. This may not be the same for you but just throwing it out there for information purposes.

Not using that computer anymore so cant check it to clarify anything, but thats my recollection.
  7. Daedly Augur

Mine was a GeForce 1070 on my laptop.