EverQuest Lore Feedback - We need your help!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Pip, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Beimeith Lord of the Game

You seem to be conflating "Discord the force of the cosmos" and "Discord the army."

"Discord the force" is by its nature non-hierarchical as hierarchy is a form of order, the antithesis of Discord.

But "Discord the army" is and always has been hierarchical, from OMM's advanced invasion force in Gates, to his main force still occupying Kuua in Omens, to the leadership we kill in Korafax.

Mata`Muram
    Tunat`Muram
    Zun`Muram
    Kin`Muram
    Nak`Muram

Are all ranks (sort of). I say "sort of" because clearly there was some issues of newer devs not fully knowing the existing lore. "Mata Muram" was supposed to be his *actual name,* with the rest of them being titles referencing their subservience to him. However, this was effectively ret-coned in SoD where we encounter other Tunat`Murams and Zun`Murams long after OMM was killed, meaning those titles are not in reference to OMM, and thus MM itself becomes a title and not a name.

Regardless, Brekt was established as the overall leader of the Discord army, above all others, including OMM.

As for the source of his power, I'm not sure what you mean by that...his power doesn't come from Discord the force for the same reason Discord the force isn't hierarchical, organized power (spells abilities) requires some amount of order.
    Skuz likes this.
  2. Geko Elder

How about something new? I already paid for all the old expansions, I really don't want to have to pay for the same expansion twice. The last decent expansion this game saw was TBL.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Pikachuuu New Member

I would like to see quests that have been broken or unfinished be completed. Case in point are these ones in Shar Vahl:

Vah Shir Pottery Progression: https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=5331
    Cook Yalkiin's Vegetables: https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=2894
    Portal Potions: https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=3546
    Whisperlings: https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=1497

These quests have been broken/unfinished for years. Perhaps look into fixing or even just adding a completion to them?
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

As others have alluded to, I would like to see more lore around Prexus. You could incorporate mermaids, sirens, and gypsies.

This could even be part of TBL Part2 lore if we visit the ondine realm.
  5. Febb Augur

Are there stories and lore in thost quests that you wanted to continue in the next expansion?
  6. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I forgot to add in my original post:

Trorsmang, Anbeal, Cordan

Which are the first, third, and fourth planets in the Ro System, with Norrath being the second.

There is VERY little information about these in EQ. They are depicted in the Academy of Arcane Science in Freeport, and mentioned in a book as part of the Monk Epic, but very little is actually known about them.

EQ2 goes into more, but of course, EQ2 lore is an abomination that we don't care about.
  7. Svann2 The Magnificent

Runnyeye?
    Just throwing that out there
  8. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

it doesn't matter where in the world this is set.... but it's been far too long since we've had an underwater raid =).
    Elyssanda likes this.
  9. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Emperor Crushbone and the Crushbone Orcs deserve some love so that I can kill him and them again without having to make another new toon to make it worthwhile.
    Jyve, Nargoul and Elyssanda like this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This goes to the bottom of the list, Dinosaur raid has to be at the top!
  11. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

dino raid #2... underwater raid #1.... #thisistheway
    Elyssanda likes this.
  12. divirgmar Lorekeeper

Cohesiveness.
    Lets start recent and go back. in TBL the splash art hints at Fire genies fighting Ice genies, didnt see any of that. Sure have the equivalent of the elements, water, air,earth and fire in TBL zones themselves but no big Fire and Ice showdown. same kind of thing in ToV and CoV. Now I was thinking since TBL is alot of Fire and ToV/CoV is alot of Ice maybe after this is where we will have the big fire vs ice battles- somewhere.

Lore: TBM brought up religious dogma. Along with the strange pseudo religion of the alien alarans. There should be a reckoning. Zebborouk would release the Gods from Time- what Talendor has two heads? Quarm has Four!. Faction it up so the people of Norrath can be recognized by their Gods and get quests and uber things FACTION/DEITY SPECIFIC from... Saryrn, Innorruk, the kick- Zeks, our man Wenglehawks can even make an appearance; who's going to laugh at his manly purse, eh?. The Noble Marr's finally giving the paladins something to flaunt over the SK's that have enjoyed charmed uberage for so long. Combine the Alarans, Bokon, maybe even the TBL genies on one side and have the Old gods, and the unlikely alliance with the vampires of the Demi plane orchestrated by Aronya to (?) on the other- That includes the multi-limbed vampires of Luclin! "Xue-Ana Matarun!" with Luclin being the Home base as it is in the shadows only that both the living and the undead can mix- plus give an opportunity to bring back the old bazaar- AND put something behind those doors in the Midst,

And what about our man Seru? He opened a Spire. So did the Discordlings. So did the Shissar. and we have time-rocked "shards" of old norrath and an insane Ak'Abor. Maybe the Socially outcast Iksar, seeking to regain their empire and with a natural hatred for humans coupled with their learned distaste for genetic experimenation (see: Sarnak) Perhaps an unlikely alliance with Erudites- also isolated- to snap Ak'abor out of his dream state that might have the effect of merging the old and the new- in time on one existence- which the Iksar would suddenly rejoice- ancient legends come to life, Kurns tower- manifest, cabilis back to its old glory. while Seru makes an uneasy alliance with the Dezinens of Discord and the Korfax Riders, Using the Shissar outposts in the old Pyramids, and the new sky pyramids in old Katta castrum and chesilth reborn . So Seru, Mata Muram, and Shissar vs Iksar old and new, the magic of Ak'Abor, and the pirates of the darkened sea and throw in the psychic powers of Grieg and maybe Khati Shah. Maybe get that "Evil Port system" going that was rumored to be a quest that started in the hol ewith ports startingin Paineel and leading to places like the Spectre tower in RO- you know, with that design you've seen? also on the aviak tower in rath, and other places, that one- must be a gate portal, right?

But what about the gnolls? So many different species, and the friendly Brell-worshiping gnolls off surefall surely something can be done to being them back into the pack maybe to the point of eviscerating all the Kobolds .

Dwarvees and Gnomes can finally be united with Meldrath and Underfoot and Undershore while the Shiliskin and drachnids are conquered even as far as Firiona vie.

Tie it all together.
  13. Elyssanda Bardbrain

ok. in Call of the forsaken: Dead hills mission: Scouting ahead
    you kill xXulous mobs and get Dusty Xulous Artifacts, that you can click, and they turn into other things, rings, diary pages, Summoning rituals pages 1, 2, 3...etc
    but, can't do anything with them.. what information are we missing about them?
  14. Svann2 The Magnificent

Isnt that from the Achievement Piecing Together History?
    Celephane likes this.
  15. Elyssanda Bardbrain

newp
  16. Elyssanda Bardbrain

17. Sokon Augur

I'd also like to see all these apparent possible future zone lines actually become zone lines, as has been suggested previously. Especially the one in shard's landing and the Nexus.

I could totally "dig"(lol, no pun intended) a whole expansion underground with dwarves, goblins, kobolds or the like.

5+ expansions only doing new Planes of Power stuff could be amazing and could tie in to the Burning Lands part 2, or lead off of a TBL 2, which was an incredible expansion with all the new zones that came with it. If all the current burning lands content had a lot to do with just plane of fire, there's unlimited possibility with the other planes involved in other unexplored worlds.

Something linking RoF and the 3 T4 fear zones off of shardslanding and for them to be on top of Sepulcher and some kind of story linking those two(alarans and cazic) together could be interesting.

The Void and Plane of Time together could have a ton of variations, different timelines to visit. Was plane of time created so the Gods could escape the Void? Where is Zebuxxoruk's people/world, surely he deserves to get a dose of his own medicine at this point.
    Jyve likes this.
  18. IblisTheMage Augur

Zebuxoruk is probably my favourite character in EQ, standing in The Void at the end of time.

Remaking The Void with the modern toolbox, and seeing him standing there, high resolution model, and half-mad, and have him drive a new set of adventures and quests across time, would be amazing.

Perhaps a Void-instance with wanky gravity (if feasible), so each island floating in The Void would have Zeb’s Island as “up”.

It would even be easy (Beimeth correct me if I am wrong) to connect Discord (the force) to the ultimate destruction of the multiverse he has witnessed, as well as Discord (the army) as an oponent to face.

Maybe even look at which other characters from the lore, that could have been touched by Discord (the force), giving some kind of explanation of why these characters ended up evil or tainted.

I also think a little bit about the storyline in the cartoon Heavy Metal, that has a green glowing orb that can travel through universes and time, and can corrupt creatures on its way.

I think about Discord (the force) a little bit that way, and could see how physical manifestations of Discord could be something to deal with in the different time epochs that the adventurers would be travelling to.
  19. Gnomereaper Augur

Deity Symbols for Priests, such as the Regent Symbol of Innoruuk:

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=1254

There are more, such as Tunare and Brell. There was supposed to be one for each deity, but the quest line was never finished. There are different ways to go about a solid design for priest all design.

We need the ability to reset Plane of Growth faction, a quest or a potion on the Loyalty Vendor would be great.
  20. Elenderil Lorekeeper

With the heritage of 20 years of back stories there are any number of ways to go with Lore related story lines. Personally, I'd like to revisit Epics. Particularly Epic 1 items. Back in the day completing the Quest arc and gaining your Epic was a huge achievement and seen as a milestone event. Now mostly they gather dust in player's bank vaults or houses.

So what I would like to see is a quest arc which would allow the Epic 1's to be improved while keeping the names and graphics they have always had. The upgrade should be an improvement to the original bonus they gave, plus a huge boost to their combat stats so that they match current top end gear and some include additional procs or clicky effects again in line with the original theme. So for example the Cleric Water Sprinkler of Nem Ankh increases the rez exp recovery to 99% and allows an AE rez effect once every 24 or 48 hours. This could be boosted to a MGB rez using the AA MGB. Up the combat stats and add boosts to all heals and cures when equipped. The Ranger epics would gain increased haste and slow percentages and perhaps some combat effects like crits. This would make Epic 1 quests desirable to complete again and give clerics (for example) some of the utility they lost with the extension of 96% rez to other classes.

As a lore story line add a quest giver to an existing or new zone. A legendary craftsman who tells the player that they have the secret of improving the epic 1 to what it was always meant to be. The player has to gain his trust by running side quests to obtain various trade skill drops before the NPC will do the upgrade work. Those could be in instanced versions of old world zones entered by a quest arc given by a NPC in the old zone. This would give the chance to bring some of the oldest zones graphics up to the standard of the newer zones too. Keep the layout and original NPCs and quests simply an update on the look of the places. I'd like to see this work at a group or fellowship level not a raid level as not all players are in raid guilds. You could run the instanced zones as Heroic Adventure quests with AA and exp boosts rather like the Call of the Foresaken zones.
    Pani likes this.