EverQuest Lore Feedback - We need your help!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Pip, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Update the Efreeti Death Visage

Could the devs please consider converting the Efreeti Death Visage from the "new spectre model" to the "old spectre model"?

This is very low hanging fruit. The Efreeti Death Visage quests are very unique in that in involves solving several puzzles and riddles (mostly tile puzzles). I believe few players have completed this quest because the illusion reward is the new blob-like spectre and not the terrifying spectre of old.

[IMG]

Current Illusion (from New Model)
    [IMG]

Proposed Change (to Old Model)
    [IMG]
    Wyre Wintermute, Duder and Rajaah like this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm sure more have this illusioin than you think.

I did that quest years ago and helped many others do it, to change it now would be bad, add another quest do not change old quest reward. I prefer the new illusion to the old one, and hate the noises the old model makes.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Fair enough. I haven't heard anyone talk about the Efreeti Death Visage in years. And I talk to people who collect illusions. If they cannot change the reward or quest, they could make it where the click effect rotates between the new and old spectre illusion.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. TenkenTurtle Elder

I'd like to see Bristlebane team up with some other gods to create a dark mirror zone of the Plane of Knowledge possibly called the Plane of Lies, with connection to the Plane of Tranquility which is actually a dark mirror zone possibly called the Plane of Stress, With connection to other PoP trickster mirrored zones basically making them polar opposite themed zones.
    Jyve, Rajaah and Tweakfour17 like this.
  5. TenkenTurtle Elder

And of course the Coldain Ring Wars would be awesome to see an expansion to that quest along with the Prayer Shawl.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

We saw shawl 1.0, 2.0 & 3.0 - The Rallos Zek Earring in ToV was a concious decision to give a different God some attention and I am in favour of that if we get another Tradeskill-centric quest like the shawls & earring then another god seeing some attention would be my preference.

Brell - shoulder/aug
    Rallos - ear

Maybe next could be a ring slot trade-skilled quested item honouring Luclin tied into a return to Luclin or Drinal expansion - "The Umbra Circulus".
  7. Catashe Augur

Wasn't that symbol supposed to depict the original and secondary pacts Brell made with the other gods that brought the races into the world? I remember talking about that silly symbol.. my god 20 years old... boy I've been playing this game far too long..

Thats if your talking about the symbol i think you are
    Jyve likes this.
  8. Dailor Augur

Have you ever thought about ship to ship combat?
    Jyve, nitrocutter, Fenthen and 3 others like this.
  9. Tweakfour17 Augur

There is a ring in TBS/Solteris that gets incrementally upgraded, perhaps a Sol Ro ring 2.0 would fit that motif
  10. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Coldain Ring upgrade and Coldain Shawl upgrades not being in ToV or CoV makes me sad.

If the next expansion is Luclin based I'd like to see an upgraded Earring of the Solstice quest, where there are 9 rareish tradeskill items that are tradeable and when combined result in a solid item.
    Svann2 and Skuz like this.
  11. Rajaah Elder

Seconded on achievements. It would be amazing to get achievements added for GoD through SoF. It would also be the single biggest "bang for your buck" thing the devs could do for the game in terms of effort required to institute it vs. how many hours of gameplay it would add. Lots of people would indeed go back and do them, and they'd add more longevity to those expacs in-era on TLPs.

A lot of the Hero's Journey stuff would have worked for the TSS and SoF. However it'd be easy enough to leave those where they are. We've got explore cheevos for the expansions, so I'd add conquerors (raids) and hunters plus anything else that would put them more in line with the other expansions before/after that.

Either way, would be great to get cheevos or even get a statement on what the plan is in terms of GoD through SoF. Is it on the agenda eventually or is there a roadblock?
    Froglok likes this.
  12. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

The Shawl was already upgraded in a Luclin setting in Reign of Fear, though. There's precedent.
  13. Hardtry New Member

Could we do a classic era expansion? Fight Naggy and Vox (Again!) Maybe the zombie of Phinigel?Everyone loves Plane of Sky, and I feel hate/fear could be done (maybe) one more time.
    Seriously though, I'd like a classic era expansion.
    Jyve likes this.
  14. Febb Augur

I see a bunch of people asking for things that aren't related to the topic. This isn't a thread where they are asking what changes you would like to the game, it's asking what storylines/lore do you want to see expanded on.
    Jyve, Oscig, Bobbybick and 1 other person like this.
  15. Jalelorf Augur

You have to find it first.
  16. Boze TLP complaint factory

Mirror Universe expansion! All the gods have their alignments flipped and they have goatees.

Seriously though a Bristlebane/mischief-focused expansion would be a blast and the extra weirdness would be a nice change of pace.
    TenkenTurtle likes this.
  17. Fuelforfire Lorekeeper

Karana could use some love too
    Skuz and Gherig like this.
  18. TenkenTurtle Elder

Yeah and wasn't that so awesome? Let's keep expanding it. 4.0 5.0 6.0 etc... toss the coldain ring war in with it and see how cool it can make a story.
  19. TenkenTurtle Elder

The Nybright family story. I think would be cool to see a reunification of that family even if only temporary. Including the lost sister.
    Oscig, Elyssanda and minimind like this.
  20. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

Did Nedaria ever bother to fully wake up after Darkhollow launch? She opened her eyes in the Story Window, but never did anything else. Admittedly, havent played live since VoA.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Medya like this.