Everquest is a pvp game

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by icefilms, Jun 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barder-mangler Augur

This concept would also allow Devs to test their “no one wants pvp theory,” and help recoup their normal attrition between when players join a new TLP, burnout, and start again.
  2. Badfish^^ New Member

I think saying low numbers on Zek means there would be no interest in a PvP TLP is unfounded. I moved to Zek late in the game and loved the atmosphere, but it is a lot to catch up on. If people started fresh there would be a lot of folks coming and enough to sustain a server. I don't have time to play much and would never be top top teir. I love PvP though and it's even more fun in Everquest finding ways to compete even with a sometimes unfair system in place, it's what makes the fun actually for me. So I'm all for it... bring it on.
  3. Machentoo Augur

There would be a lot of people coming in and quickly leaving again when they get stomped repeatedly and refuse to learn the rules of pvp in Everquest. Just like happened back in 1999-2003, but there the population overall was enough that if even 5% of all EQ players figured it out and came to enjoy the challenge of pvp, that was enough for several servers to thrive. The margins are probably too low today, especially when they can pop out another Mangler and get a lot higher than 5% of the player base interested.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Wulfhere Augur

Bleh

Rallos Zek was the all time best pvp and role-play server EQ ever had or ever will have.

RZ (and the other zeks) died with the mergers to Zek. It wasn't the rule-set that made Zek itself a failure, it was the destruction of the server cultures. SOE nuked the Zeks from orbit. But SOE was monetizing that very cultural destruction before the merger. The major SOE policies that killed the Zeks was: paid server transfers to and from the Legends server.

It was not strictly game play imbalance, it was short sighted business. I think an RZ rule set TLP server would be grand from classic until Luclin (level 60).
  5. kenmei Augur

2 differing styes of play. I have tried RZ many times over the years.
    I followed thru to SWG, DAoC, WoW, WARHammer, Aion, Rift, Aika, GW2, Tera, I think ArchAge was my last true pvp game.
    None of them matched the magic of EQ deity pvp though. And I was not on a dominating side, lol.
    EA and NCSoft are horrid game owners in regards to development. I alot, but I give EQ devs credit, I continue to play here. But as you can see, there are is a void for this niche, and RZ doesn't fill it.
  6. Wulfhere Augur

You might have missed the first year or two when RZ had a thriving RP community that staged many epic pvp wars around Freeport, a dark invasion (by ship) of Feydwar, and a dwarven invasion of Neriak (in retaliation). We also invented our own diety based events including the daughter of Innoruuk (Straylight Saga). That was, shall we say, forcibly and violently co-opted by Verant and given new life and lore as Lanys T’Vyl. For many players, those were the best of times in EQ. For me, Sullon Zek was too late to the table to eclipse RZ.
  7. Yudar n Fastyn New Member

Definitely THE best years :) I was in from just after the first expansion through about 2008ish. Yudar the halfling druid, Fastyn Deadly the iksar monk, and many other characters over 6 accounts... Missing my old friends. Looking to get back in touch with ya. Message me!
  8. Riggles Journeyman

How the heck will we ever know until they do one? No one wants to join a dead server like Zek. My God, look at all the TLP's. They even did one locked at PoP, which was absurd. Try a PvP! And stop with these cookie cutter classic ones. Enough! Allow Mangler to survive and do different ones. I love the idea of this new November server. I just wish they would have started two or three expacs earlier. They could have set up Heroic characters with a lower level. They did it on Fippy.
  9. Machen New Member

10. WTBPvpTLP New Member

Sure do miss the good ole days.
  11. Fleeting Augur

I'm probably one of the few players who can say they grew up on everquest pvp. The lack of interest is really not a thing. i can tell you right now the other pvp servers that are privately hosted thrive for expac upon expac until one guild runs the server then they reset. People have been playin those servers for 10 years. Hundreds of players return everytime there is a new server out to compete then they join smaller servers and play other games while they wait. Alot of you don't understand that your being very biased, you want attention to your server and no one elses you want current content to be fixed before addressing new and upcoming plans. Our Dev team is honestly understaffed and over worked, I read these forums usually everyday to see if anything for a pvp server would come out and i know of atleast 10 others that are waiting as well. My honest thoughts on this situation is that no one will be making a TLP for PvP because they think of how low the population will be and how it wont make money, I personally know of 1 player who has over 15 payed accounts on zek who doesnt use kronos because our market is a ghost town and plays regularly. Imagine him on this new server he would pay for gear with kronos he couldnt otherwise achieve getting without them. I personally am not 8 years old playing on rallos anymore and have a full time job so if i could potentially buy an epic quest Multi Quest or something along those lines for a couple kronos i would. Yes i know they nerfed alot of the Multi Questing but the fact of the matter is alot of pvpers would pay for epics and pay for these things other wouldnt because they want them now and they want them sooner than anyone else for pvp. There is a vast amount of players i would range somewhere between 200-500 players who are wanting a pvp server. Team based would be best imo because it allows new players to learn the ways of pvp and progress then do a rotation of the pvp server rule sets you wants. Start a server (something about war) and make it teams then next rotation do FFA see which 1 is more popular and run with it or just keep rotating. Player votes to restart server at which expac we pick at launch. range it from G.O.Discord to Current and select a starting point as someone said luclin would be a good point to start because of the amount of room / raid trgts people would beable to farm. Old seb would be over populated but team based would help it to where u could make friends and push out opposing factions to do so . There has been alot of potential for pvp but people dont understand since instances are now non-pvp the raiders will come and the people who dont know how to pvp will play just for a change. As a member of pandemonium for years we brought countless Blue players to zek who still play there to this day on occasion but have their blue toons. Bronut an enchanter came to zek and played with us and we taught him alot and you can even ask around , the caliber of players from zek has always proven to be better than any other server. Some of pandemoniums members still play in Realm of Insanity to this day as some of their hardcore raid core and top of their class players. sorry for any run on sentences or the comment that will come of omg to long to read but just because you think your server deserves more attention or your ideas deserve more respect than mine or anyone else from pvp doesnt make you right. Our server has been ignored for almost 20 years it feels like get in line if you want to brag about how your server needs more attention than ours.
  12. Pappasalt Augur

*Wall of Text crits you for 1337*
    *You died*
    *Loading zone, please wait*
    Skuz, Bailen, oldkracow and 1 other person like this.
  13. Machen New Member

If you grew up on Everquest pvp as you say, this idea should be absolutely abhorrent to you.
  14. Midnitewolf Augur

I was going to say the same thing. Anyone who knows anything about EQ knows that it was designed as a PvE game first and foremost. Hell I while they did have PvP servers, I don't think the classes were ever even attempted to be balanced for PvP. About the only thing they ever did was disable a few spell effects like charm that would have be OP and/or allow for massive griefing.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

Yep, not reading that.
  16. Yummydain New Member

Can someone pass me what OP is smoking?
  17. Fleeting Augur

The reason I say this is people want a tlp to make money . Would just make Kronos more popular
  18. WTBPvpTLP New Member

PvP in mmo's is very popular. EQ's PvP servers were some of its most popular severs in its prime.

A PvP/RP-PvP that stops at Luclin would be extremely successful.
  19. Stewgottz Augur

I'm all about PVP but sadly it can't happen anymore. Too many spells have been watered down. Can't dispel pets or players, can't fear people, can't charm like we used too... basically all the fun stuff that players use to grief (aka pvp) each other doesn't work any more. Thanks Nerds.
  20. Jontrann Augur

Real pvpers remember the lvl 25 meta on the test server in gfay =)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.