Everquest Hunter - Barnacle Bones?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Svann2, Mar 23, 2022.

1. Svann2 The Magnificent

Anyone got any clues to this mob in Dagnors Cauldron? Been killing snakes, goblins, rats, and especially skellies for about a week but never see him on track. I even have an alt bard keeping the fabulous four permanently agroed (ae snare) so they wont ks me. Starting to wonder if its broke.
  2. CrazyLarth Augur

3. Svann2 The Magnificent

Yea I gather from that map he could be anywhere in the zone, which is what Ive been doing - killing everything. But now Im wondering if its something like the Ancient Cyclops in southern ro. Like maybe I need to kill some combination of mobs in sequence. Orc village at 8am, gob village at 4pm, then fantastic four at midnight? IDK, it just seems like I must be doing something wrong to take this long. Ive killed every other rare several times now.
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I just killed skellies and wandering mobs and saw him many times.
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

Ok thanks. Ill keep doing what Im doing then.
    Andarriel likes this.
  6. Rondor Augur

In some zones where I don't know which is the PH I take a tracking character and chase down and beat up the oldest mobs in the zone in track-sort-by-spawn-time (default sort order), and keep doing it as they respawn. It ensures that all mobs (within tracking range) have eventually been defeated and keep being defeated including hopefully the PH.

This method was helpful in places like Jaggedpine Forest, Dagnor's Cauldron, etc., to eventually cause all the named hunter mobs to show up. It was useful for me for Barnacle Bones I think.
    Andarriel and Svann2 like this.
  7. Knifen Augur

If it helps looking at the map in the center is an island. At the very NW of this island is a lil sliver of land that sticks out. Stand right at the tip of that and kill every thing that is within range without having to move (other then stepping into the water right there to kill stuff that just doesnt make it out of the water). You will get at least 3 named at that same location. But without moving you can get Jetsum, Floatsam, and either Squalslither or Barnacle. 99% sure it was a skele for the 3rd named i got at that loc.

Im lazy and no track ability so I dont run all over the place. Im a squatter
    Rondor, Andarriel and Nennius like this.