EverQuest Guide: GINA Overlays and Categories

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by PathToEternity, Jun 21, 2017.

1. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

I mentioned I was working on this in the other GINA thread someone posted tonight, but it's finished so here is the guide. Didn't mean for it to be so long. Hope this is helpful for some of you and if you use the trigger packages on my page I posted updated ones.
    Alekyne, Kyleigh and Starr like this.
  2. Starr Elder

Excellent video. It was what I was missing to get this setup correct :D

Thanks
    PathToEternity likes this.
  3. Symbius Augur

A better option is to just do ;tell erasmus {GINA:stop}

Sends a tell to yourself and stops all GINA triggers while avoiding the spaming of the entire raid in /say or /em or whatever else.
  4. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

This is an option but I don't consider it strictly better because there are many times I want to kill a bunch of obsolete timers that have accumulated without killing every timer on my screen; for example I may need to clear a bunch of Slow timers but don't want to kill my cooldown timers for Canni or Avatar. It's definitely a useful feature worth mentioning though.
  5. Kyleigh Journeyman

Thank you for posting this. Really enjoy your vids and contributions to the community!
  6. Lighten New Member

Bump! Also, did you get introduced to Erasmus from the Quest For Glory (formerly Hero's Quest) games?
    PathToEternity likes this.
  7. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

It's a name with some history and every now and then someone will point out to me various places it's cropped up over time. I wasn't familiar with this instance but will check it out :) My influence was a mix of the Renaissance scholar plus the servant in The Greatest Salesman in the World.
  8. VC-Kadath New Member

Bump. Main GINA page says it is possible to globally set the overlays on and off for those of us running in full screen. Any idea how to do this?

http://eq.gimasoft.com/GINA/Features.aspx

9. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Hmm. I think you might need to reach out to the GINA staff and see if they have an answer for what that line means. Playing in fullscreen mode disables overlays anyway, so I don't really know what that could mean. I've hunted around within GINA to find a way to disable the overlays globally in windowed mode but am not seeing an option for that.
  10. VC-Kadath New Member

Overlays are now working in fullscreen mode since last patch =)

11. VC-Kadath New Member

I dont see a way to reach out to the GINA staff either. Maybe on their forum?
  12. Reht The Dude abides...

Gima is only maintaining GINA at this point - you can post on the forums but it's not monitored much at this point. If something within the current build breaks, feel free to send me a PM and i will let him know.
  13. Gremin Augur

Heya Reht,

Algoran stop playing?
  14. Kamor Lorekeeper

Does anyone know how to enable this? Overlays active in fullscreen please!