Everquest + Excercise.. at the same time !_!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kendiian, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Kendiian Monk

Hey any suggestions on what I could do ? - I know I saw a stepper machine at the local chemist and I think i might give it a try...

P.S. Why do foosballers get all the good bodys ? :(
  2. Kendiian Monk

Sony should sell them me thinks.
  3. Oranges Augur

Well whatever you do, don't use those crunch machines or ab machines, it's been known for decades that the body doesn't take fat from the parts because you exercise them, calorie burn is random, you won't lose any more fat by hurting your abbs like a monkey than just running around. Still, people fall for this every day and bend over backwards on an abdominal machine.
  4. Talif Augur

5. Shang Augur

Uh, every time you die, do 25 jumping jacks or something.
    Axxius and Fury like this.
  6. Langya Augur

Xrobb1 would be a bigger workout than P90X then.
    Axxius and Straahdx like this.
  7. Vanda Journeyman

I'm not sure about playing EQ and working out at the same time, but you can take breaks and do sets of different things (Pushups, crunches, squats, and pullups). For burning lots of calories, do cardio. Buy a wireless keyboard/mouse and attachment for stationary bikes, treadmills, etc for them.
  8. Iila Augur

It's not hard to put a mouse and kb so you can play games on a bike trainer, but something with a controller is easier so you can change positions.
  9. Tegila Augur

petition for EQ for Wii
  10. Thrillho Augur

If you're on your computer all the time, either for work or in your free time, chances are the muscles in your chest are shortened and those in your back lengthened. An easy check for this is to place your hands near your ears and lay on your back. If you have difficulty getting your arms & shoulders to lay flat against the ground, you're too tight in the chest.

Do back exercises to help combat that. Google "bodyweight exercise" or "prisoner exercises" for no-equipment exercises. As for the time to work out, if you're asking to do it while playing EQ, you probably either spend a lot of time on EQ itself, or have a very busy lifestyle. In either case, you need to find time to work out. Block off half an hour in your day to devote to just exercise. To do something mid-stream can lead to a greater chance of injury. To go from a sedentary position to workout position without warmup is not good for you.

However, doing a warmup should be alright. Die? Go for a walk. Grab a glass of water from the kitchen - chances are you don't drink enough of it. Zoning? Go grab some vegetables - you're not eating enough of those either, and you don't get fat from eating them. (Fruit, on the other hand, does contain a lot of natural sugars, and while healthy, they aren't as healthy as vegetables). Die again? Clean up around your place - two birds with one stone. And always take a break.
  11. Tegila Augur

suppose you could try the chairgym lol. idk what kind exercise yo uwanna do while playing eq but it's a gym, builtinto a folding chair i guess idk. Easiest way to exercies and still play eq is to not expect to do them both at the same time, and instead take breaks to do so
  12. SpamFactory Augur

If you have enough free time that you are able log in to raid or exp 3-4 nights a week you have enough time to exercise regularly if you are not already doing so.

if you exercise you might not have as much free time to play EQ as before, so you won't burn through content as quickly and you might even start embracing the "easy mode" stuff that the people on the forums seem to hate so much.
    (this post is not directed to anyone in particular)
    Sinestra likes this.
  13. Sinestra Augur

Make working out a priority. It's not just about looking better, it's about feeling better and treating yourself well. Besides, if you gain more muscle, you burn more fat when resting than with more fat.
    Phrett likes this.
  14. Tegila Augur

aye 1lb of muscle burns 7x as much energy at rest as 1 lb of fat.

one cannot expect t oexercise while playing eq you need to set aside times foreach or give up on one if sticking to a schedule is an issue heh (and some of us ocd taht does happen lol)
  15. Fenthen aka Rath

I perform 1 jumping jack between chain heals.
    Robnie likes this.
  16. Phrett Augur

When I'm grinding AA... I do a set of 20 Burpees after every rip disc... which is every half hour. If you're not familiar with Burpees, they're pretty much the best bang-for-your buck exercise that you can do without equipment readily available. (Squats and Dead Lifts are better but I don't have that stuff in my house, lol)

I was in really good shape in college, then got a little chubby after graduation, but now I've dropped about 20 lbs and I'm back up to benching 300+ from doing my normal workouts plus a little exercise during my EQ session to break up the sedentary time at my computer. (It keeps my back from getting sore too from sitting too long). It's just part of my grind routine now, I don't even think about it
  17. Phrett Augur

This ^^^
    +1
    QFT

You burn way more calories by doing the right strength training exercises than by doing cardio... reason being, cardio essentially stops burning calories shortly after your heart rate comes back down to normal. Strength training will continue burning calories for many many hours after you've finished, and as Sinestra already said... the muscle you gain ends up burning more calories even while at rest. Just make sure you get your heart rate up while doing said strength training. (That's why I prefer doing the Burpees like I mentioned previously)
  18. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I'm an active runner/gym rat so maybe this is the way I think while playing but when I'm at the keyboard for several hours at a time and a break happens I do some push ups and sit ups between pull breaks to get the blood flowing.

When it's nice out and it's a running day off, a walk will do anyone good. Extends blood vessels, gets oxygen to the blood, promotes healing and raises metabolism without injury risk like my 6 minute miler pace.