Everquest Easter Eggs List

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Saffron_AB, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Saffron_AB New Member

Hi all

I was wondering if there were any EQ Easter Eggs (pieces of code deliberately hidden within the game). After some searching around found a really old but wonderful list originally compiled by Talies the Wanderer.

My favourite easter egg is that apparently one of the programmers wanted to immortalise his cat. In an area underneath Befallen, Veeshan’s Peak and some other zones (a place only GMs can go, however players and some mobs sometimes end up there as well), you will see the head of this programmer’s cat:-

Cat Room Picture

As an added bonus, this cat’s name is Mitty – which just also happens to be the name of a Kerran (cat-person) in Erud’s Crossing.

I have updated and revamped the original and put it on my ranger class website The Bow & Arrow

It is a really fun list and made me smile. I may even visit a few myself!

If anyone knows of any new easter eggs, let me know and I'll add them :)

Saff
    Orbital101, Ishtass and Xyroff-cazic. like this.
  2. Leigo You come here often?

fyi, ur link isnt working
  3. Ishtass Augur

Works for me
  4. Drewie Augur

In the Plane of Tranquilty, the tube leading to the Plane of Disease has a secret room inside, you can see it by shrinking and getting very close to the tube.
    Axxius, Ishtass and Saffron_AB like this.
  5. Orbital101 Augur

One cube in Ruins of Lxanvom with the same cat pictures.
    Saffron_AB likes this.
  6. Brohg Augur

that's fabulous. I almost didn't click on this thread since they only rehash 20 year old information, but I legit had never heard of that room before! cool
    Saffron_AB likes this.
  7. Act of Valor The Newest Member

8. YellowBelly Augur

This kind of thread always involves the cat room. If I see that cat one more time...

The room in the Disease tube I never knew about. At least that's new.
  9. Qbert Gallifreyan

I never realized there was a zone line from Skyshrine to Kael existed until the find feature went in (and it displayed the zone lines). Not sure if that really qualifies, but if you haven't been to Skyshrine in eons . . . perhaps.
    Bobbybick likes this.
  10. Numiko Augur

it's gone now with the Neriak 4th gate zone there now, but in the old days there was a set of stairs that were hidden behind a wall near where the locked Firepot was.

People who had talked to the devs in Beta said they had originally planed a 4th gate zone in original release, but it was dropped due to time constraints... all that was left was the hidden staircase that led nowhere.
  11. Numiko Augur

This easter egg that is on an expansion box cover.

The Final raid zone planned for Luclin was not Vex Thal, but rather Luclins tower... you can see the tower in the background of the Box art for this expansion.

[IMG]

This has been confirmed by Brad McQuaid btw.
    Ishtass likes this.
  12. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I thought you were BSing but sure enough it does exist and boy it's deep in the zone.

[IMG]

The other gem just ports you back to the spot you go to after the Maze.
    Ishtass likes this.
  13. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Holy crap. Here I am thinking I know everything about the old world and then I get a nice fistfull of reality punched in my face.
  14. CrazyLarth Augur

15. Sagarmatha Augur

This is a majorly cool link about the Druid epic. It appears late, at 8:50 or so; I believe it qualifies as an Easter egg.
  16. Godwin Journeyman

[IMG]

That room in the upper left corner. No clue what it is? If you go into Sol B, Shrink, and look into the wall (first person) you can see the Zoneout (white wall) and that room up in the corner.
  17. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

There is a program called zonewalk that lets you explore older EQ zone files.

[IMG]

[IMG]

There are many places like the cat box, see for yourself!