everquest cannot be open in Windows 10(laptop)

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Eq-bigbomb, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Eq-bigbomb New Member

Hi All,

Please kindly provide your help here as I cannot play Everquest in Windows 10.

I can load up the Launch pad, can update the files, however, once I press the button "play". nothing happens afterward. Please provide me the solution on how to play in Windows 10 environment, I have run the file as an administrator still the same issue.

Your response is highly regards
    Eq-bigbomb
  2. Platrat Journeyman

Have you tried running the exe directly?
  3. Malbro Augur

Check your anti virus app, could be it got on the blocked list.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  4. Nolrog Augur

Couple potential issues that could cause this.

Move your EQ folder out of the program files directory. Applications sometimes have trouble when run from there. Create a new folder called games or something and put your EQ folder in there. You do not have to redownload the game. You can just pick up the folder and move it.

Right click on the short cut and make sure you are running it as administrator.

The EQ install should automatically install DX9 as well, so you should not have to worry about tha.
  5. Sarkaukar Augur

What is the brand and model of the system? Windows key + R, type in dxdiag and post the top section from the beginning to just past the sound card entries.

Are you using more than one monitor? The laptop and an external monitor?

Open up Task Manager and see if eqgame.exe is showing. If so, close it down and try again.
  6. Eq-bgbomb New Member

I am using only one monitor no external. Eqgame.exe is not showing on the task manager after I press the 'play' button. I have run the system DirectX check, it shows Windows10 64bit. DirectX version 11.2. it seems the DirextX 9 has not been installed yet? how to install Direct X 9 in Windows 10? when I run the installation is not allowed.
  7. Aghinem Augur

This is what you need.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=19743

Do the install and then try running EQ again.
  8. Sarkaukar Augur

The one above is a very old version by 3 years and several updates, it does not have the last set of modules/dll.

Since the websetup version below can bug out, I suggest downloading the redistribution pkg. Unpack it to a good location /direct 9c then run the dxsetup.exe. Keep it around in the event you believe a dx9c file may be corrupted. The dx 10/11/12 are not backward compatible. Vista+ OS do come with a base dx9 but lacks several modules/dlls that other dx9c games may need.

dx 9c version 9.29.1974 (June 2010)
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109
  9. Sarkaukar Augur

And the main reason I asked what brand and model of the "laptop" is the game may not run on it.
  10. TheShadowreaver New Member

Can anyone help me i cant load Everquest i hit play then i cant go to the sever select screen i just get sent to the login screen and then take me to the sever downtime link and the network status link
  11. Aghinem Augur

That sounds like a connectivity issue. Either its an issue with your patcher or the login servers. Have you tried the patch-bypass technique?
  12. TheShadowreaver New Member

uhmm no i dont know what that is
  13. Morgium New Member

14. Eq-bgbomb New Member

15. enchant21 New Member

Im havering a very annoying issue myself, I click to open launchpad, nothing happens at all. I see the daybreak process running. but nothing opens and it just sits there. Its been a while since i tried to open EQ so I tried reinstalled EQ, both normal and then steam. Nothing. So i turn off the fire wall and all inti-virus stuff and still the same thing. But no matter what i do it just hands there and never opens.

Im on windows 10. Is anyone else having this issue or had it and knows a fix?
    Gratto007 likes this.
  16. Caell Augur

Holy necro batman. Next time probably best to start your own thread. Have you tried all the above advice?
  17. Nolrog Augur

Right click the patcher, click the compatibility tab and make sure it is set to Windows 8 or later (or not checked at all, no reason to.) This is what fixed this problem for me.
  18. Tavern New Member

I am just going to let you all know this is something going on between certain ISPs and DBG Everquest/Everquest2 patch/file servers. People need to contact their ISP or DBG directly and let them know what is going on. I have a friend who can't even download the setup file from website, let alone have the game launch through steam. I personally tried to download EQII and can verify there is something wrong with either connection from me to the patch server or the patch/file server is just down on DBG's end.
    Aursiia likes this.