Everquest Achievement Guides & TBL Evolving Items

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by AlmarsGuides, Feb 9, 2019.

1. AlmarsGuides Augur

It's been almost two whole years since I had a good idea for an EQ guide - as many high end players know my website is basically useless for anyone who isn't looking for leveling or Tradeskill advice. I believe that finally changes now with the announcement of my new Achievement Guides!

With the release of TBL Daybreak added some amazing chase items into the game which require you to complete a TON of stuff from previous expansions - without those achievements you can not level up the items. That's what gave me the idea to go back and start writing guides for all of these achievements & the evolving items.

Here is the index page for my achievement guides

Here is the (unformated) guide for the TBL Threadbare Weighted Tabard Evolving Item

So far, I only have the achievement guides done for this item; it may not sound like much but this is one of the more annoying items to complete. Every single collection set from CoTF - RoS I have given a unique page that includes map locations for where the collectibles spawn or the mobs that drop them or the HAs that they appear in.

To give you two quick examples of EoK Collectible Guides:

Di'zok Keepsakes (Chardok)
    Trailblazing (Frontier Mountains)

I'm almost done all of the collectible guides, probably 85% complete then I am going to work on some of the Hunters/traveler Guides since they're also required for TBL Evolving items. I still need to add a lot of information in the collection guides about the collectibles that drop in Heroic Adventures.

Last but not least, all of these collection guides are being incorporated into my Leveling Guides/Farming Guides. You'll notice at the bottom of almost every Leveling Guide on my website in the "Additional Info" section I have links to the collectibles that drop in that zone.

Over the next few weeks I am going to continue work on the Achievement Guides and in the future I will add even more detail to them including strategies for the Challenger Achievements and things of that nature. Any feedback on additional information I could provide with the Achievement Guides would be great... For example, I am not entirely sure how I can write guides for the Hunter achievements since most of the information is already provided on EQresource and/or while using Goodurden's Map Pack.
  2. Swiss Augur

More information being out there is always welcome. The collections look good so far, I know other sites don't have much if any info on a lot of them.

Thanks for putting in the work.
    Fanra likes this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Oh yeah this is nice. Now I can see what I have to do to obtain stuff like the butterfly illusion or the big bags. Hated the winding trail on other sites that often led to no information!

Thank you very much and looking forward to more of the lower level stuff
  4. Kialya Keeping your butt alive since 2002

Nice work !
  5. AlmarsGuides Augur

Thanks for the feedback thus far! I've added more parts to this guide over the last few weeks:

Tower of Rot (Lower Floors) - I am working on upper floors this week
    Bixie Warfront - Added a few of the HA collectible sets to the guide. Still need to finish though
    Temple of Droga - Added all the static collectible locations throughout the zone.
    Chardok (added the HA set + updated the guide to note that ALL sarnak in the static zone drop Collections not just the mine area as Allakhazam says)
    Gorowyn - Added pictures that cover basically every static collectible spawn in the zone + added more information

So far the hardest collection sets to write guides for are the ones that spawn in Heroic Adventures. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to go about doing this.

As far as open world zones go, I still need to document Veeshan's Peak, Howling Stones, Arx Mentis, Caverns of Endless Song, Argin-Hiz and Sathir's Tomb as well as the second half of Tower of Rot. It'll probably take me another few months to finish just the collections part of the Achievement Guides then I will start working on guides for the Challenger Achievements/other things.
    Fanra likes this.
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

7. Kaepak New Member

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
  8. Someguy1 New Member

Thank you
  9. Aurastrider Augur

Almar is an asset to the community and all of this work is much appreciated. Its individuals like this that truly make this the greatest game of all time imo. Keep up the great work and thank you for your dedication to this awesome game we all love.

As far as feedback on hunter the only thing I can think of is a ranking of common, uncommon, rare, and ultrarare in terms of spawning. I know this can some times be subjective because someone might have really bad luck spawning a more common named and think its a tough one to spawn and another person might roll up on an ultrarare named right after a server reset and think it is a common named. This would probably require lots of feedback from various players especially those who do a lot of named farming to determine an accurate assessment of each named mobs rarity.
    AlmarsGuides likes this.
  10. AlmarsGuides Augur

I plan to do this somewhat for the PoP Hunter guides. There are a few nameds you need like the one in northern plane of valor in Aerin Dar's cave and Plane of Earth you need to get the key in order to get the nameds in the south. I will probably cover these sorts of things.