EVERQUES Improvements . Whats your take? :D

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by NeoSpring, Jul 16, 2021.

1. NeoSpring Journeyman

So I love EQ and have since 15 ! So many years ago. However some stuff starts to drive you NUTS about your favorite game. So here's a list of crap I wish was fixed. If there's a number one request from this list, Mob pathing. Second would be auto Follow. =)

-SERVER: When the game forces you into a pick, it should NOT absorb your pick zone timer.
    -SERVER: PICK ZONE should always put you in the same zone as your raid. During omens of war muramite providing grounds there are so many players that your raid gets spread to all zones.
    -GAME MECHANIC: Autofollow turn rate needs to be increased so you cannot orbit players while having bard speed.
    -GAME MECHANIC: walk/run being toggled while auto following. some times you are left as "walking" until you click or type /run.
    -GAME MECHANIC: When trade window is open pressing U should always put items into the trade window. it dose not if some one else is in between you.
    -GAME MECHANIC: ranged attacks should have no distance from mob requirement.
    -GAME MECHANIC: Pathing. What happend to it? they choose to go backwards unless you hold still this can be exploited, and makes pulling such a pain to deal with. Need an example? go to plane of innovation and pull some mobs around.
    -Merchants: Show only items i can use should stay on or off between logging out. Putting something in your search should auto update , and then maintain that search between merchants.
    -PARCEL: needs a COD option, so you can safely sell your items to other players
    -TRADE: with some one targeted , typing /trade to open a trade window would be nice.
    -IDEA: Have an auto trading white-list so you can auto drop items into their inventory with out requiring a trade window.
    -MICROTRANSACTIONS: Item graphics and gear graphic items etc, should be account bound and have their own inventory so you can use them on any character / any server at any time. (Path of exile is the example.)!!
    -MAGICIAN: Mage bags labeled with bad information on spell tool tip. bags no longer delete your items.
    -BARD: When looting at the exact right moment, your melody will stop playing.
    -BARD: Most bard clickables are worthless. they either need to be instant or able to be put into the melody chain. Did we fix the lute of flowing waters yet??
    -BARD: If you click an instant item at the wrong time your melody will stop.
    -ADV LOOT: adjusting loot filters should default to 100 or infinite rather then 10. Or keep your selection in a save file.
    -WIZARD: Evac should not leave people behind. Increase mana cost or something else.
    -UI: When you click yes to a ress while being dead, you should just get the ress and pop back into the world.
    -GAME MECHANIC: When you are dead, there should not be a timer before it auto kicks you to your bind.
    -CHAT: When some one is flagged as spam and has items linked, it produces a very large message with many numbers displayed.
    -ITEM: Mirrored mask for Overloard mata muram fight should be clickable from inventory.
    -CLERIC: Ressurection in classic needs to cost less mana.
    -CRAFTING: The recipie search and when opening tradeskill UI is so delayed. remove the pauses.
    -BARD: Typing /melody 2 3 4 5 --> should restart the melody automatically rather then needing a /stop song macro.
    -POTIONS: Greater concentration potions take far too long to cast , and last too short of a duration. Make them instant.
    -KRONO: Bring back the krono timer in the UI.
    -UI: When you scroll up on chat , it should stay at that position until you scroll back down.
    -CLASSIC: Costs too much mana to ress.
    -CLASSIC: Buff durations are rediculously short. they could have 3x the buff duration time.
    -CHAT: /wtb insert message here , then they could be a diffrent color for people buying items in EC tunnel !
    -ZONE: Succor in the dreadlands is worthless.
    -BARD: Z-access on song of travel is very small.
    -ZONE: Ec tunnel is so damn bright when the settings are turned up . it looks white and blinding!
    -BUG: When you camp out, your character still remains online on the server for a while. it creates issues when logging back in you need to wait.
    -BUG: Sometimes when trying to log back in too quickly on server select screen it notifys you that some one else has logged into your account and your password should be changed. and then kicks you from server select.
    -BUG: LOOT BUG STILL IN GAME!! when there are alot of items on the list, and they are not set to autoask/roll , if you select options before auto/ask roll it will instant kick you from the EQ client 100%. 10 years+ bug.
    -WIZARD: You cannot cast translocates on yourself.
    -GAME MECHANIC: Shift+alt+F dose not show you your items in your mail box.
    -RAID UI:When you lower a group down to 1 character they are placed into the no group slot. It would be nice if they stayed there until you unlocked the raid .
    UI: When some one in your group clicks yes to a raid invite , the rest of the people in the group should lose their request box.
    GAME MECHANIC: Pick timer is too long . I have spent so much time waiting for it to cool down.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
  2. Piznut Angry Gnome

The issue with bard clickies while playing a melody isn't that melody stops, so much as if you don't stop the melody beforehand it locks all songs on the spellbar for a ridiculous amount of time.

I also think if Succor in dreadlands took you to FV zoneline, it would make Kunark much more enjoyable from a travel standpoint.
    Demetri likes this.
  3. Metanis Bad Company

Yeah, and the forums should auto format walls of text so someone can actually read them!
    OhnonottheTOS, Demetri and Piznut like this.
  4. Demetri Augur

On this one, the implementation of Bloom in EverQuest (as with many games) is really bad in some places, the Tunnel I'd wager is one of them, I've had it off since guild halls existed because it's super blinding in guild halls, forget if tunnel is another problem area for it, but try turning bloom off and this is likely no longer an issue.
    Stymie likes this.
  5. Stymie Pendragon

The main takeaway for me is that the OP thinks rez costs too much mana in classic. :)

A number of the proposed changes are design decisions that they're unlikely to implement. The occasional crash using adv loot is something I wish they'd fix though.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Only responding to the points I care about here.

Disagree, the current distance still allows a Ranger to kick while using a bow, it maybe could be tweaked a little but no way does point blank physical ranged attacks make any sense, arguably some spells should have a similar limitation just to keep things interesting.

Bad pathing is one of my pet peeves, it kills me more often than anything else, so I agree that pathing in general needs a lot of improvement.
    Pathing in some places is actually fine, I think it must be a lot easier to do it in flat open zones.
    In areas with complex geometry it can be an absolute nightmare and very wipe-inducing.
    Some zones can have small alterations in z-axis that can completely break not only mob pathing but Merc & Pet pathing too - presumably they all use the same system.

example?

(HoT) Fear itself is a zone with almost every kind of bad pathing, it could even be used as a "training zone" to teach devs about pathing perhaps.

Outside the "Ring of Fire" Mercs often run miles away from the group after you stand on a small incline or step into a shallow depression on the surface, levitation doesn't alleviate this.
    Inside the temple mobs getting LoS on you 6 foot away and aggroing but then running away from you in completely the opposite direction & taking a detour through the temple complex to round up their 50 friends before eventually all warping to you when they get stuck on geometry deeper in.
    Aggroing a mob only for it to hit some small Z-Axis change and warp across the zone and aggro a bunch of mobs elsewhere who all then bum-rush you and bring everything that is within aggro range between them & you.
    And there are even a few spots where the mob will run backwards & forwards for ages as it tries to path to you and fails every time to resolve the path and in the end just warps.

This would be a nice QoL feature.

How can you expect to continue playing a song while your grubby fingers are shoving items into your bags?

Epic 2.0 as an example you make a macro, it stops your songs clicks the item and restarts your /melody.
    Same thing for AE Mezz song

It would be an amazing feature if "song" clickies could be used in a /melody but while this is probably doable with some code changes it may also be too powerful. Perhaps a limitation of how many may be used in a macro would prevent it being too OP.

If you were paying attention you would notice that interrupts caused by instant item clickies only take place in the first half second ish of casting in the "fizzle window", training yourself to use instant clicks after 1/3 of the song cast time is reached is not hard.
    Same thing happens when using things like a bellow hotkey too fast after casting of the next song starts.
    I don't think this is something code can solve it is a function of how the casting/singing system works and the data being generated by the client to send to the server and players need to adapt to it.

Only change to Advanced Loot I want is an extra filter pair:
    "Drop on corpse" which happens if the item is not wanted by any player in the group after a roll has no players rolling for it.
    "Always drop on corpse" which drops the item on the corpse without even rolling it. This would allow Master Looters to almost completely avoid any of their group members getting the client crash bug.

Along with that I would like a "forage filters" feature to allow you to automatically discard useless no value, no use forages that some zones return - or even better just remove that garbage from every zone that has it or give it a use/value so it can be a part of a recipe or vendored.
    Any non-stackable forages like that should be made stackable anyway.
    They probably served some "vision" purpose once but really all they are is a useless annoyance that wastes player's time.

Gates have a chance to collapse, evacs have a chance to leave someone behind, I think this should be left as it is myself, the chance for it to happen is small enough, and it's a risk factor that I think adds flavour to the game when it ocassionally leaves someone behind.

Disagree, on raids you can at times need to be very careful about when you accept that rezz and the ress box is too short lived. Having the option to accept a rezz and then delay entering the world is a strategic choice some raid events require.

That "hover in zone awaiting ress" timer bar exists to allow you to avoid being forced to zone while awaiting a rezz, it was something many players actually asked for, removing it is not a sensible suggestion at all, doing so would be a backwards step.

Disagree.

If you are typing /melody you are doing it wrong.

TIP: Turn off bloom & advanced lighting
    In really brightly lit, light-coloured or white areas you may even need to turn off 2.0 shaders to make the graphics burn your retinas less. (oh, hai Velious).

I would love a slash command that allows us to toggle Advanced Lighting on/off, only being able to do that from the advanced graphics options is a pain.

You can use /camp server or /camp desk to completely avoid that happening.
    Kakgumu likes this.
  7. Demetri Augur

No longer necessary for AE Mezz song you can literally just make a /melody with it now that /melody skips songs that are on recast.

It honestly feels like an even smaller window than that to me - within a few ms would be my guess. I've literally put AA Selo's on the turn keys before (like most people do with forage) and it typically takes HOURS for it to trigger a song lock.

But it's super annoying when it does happen.

+1

+1

+1

Not always, I always use /camp desktop and I still get that nonsense occasionally on Mischief/TB - I think it's got something to do with the population of the server or something - I can't recall seeing it on Phin in YEARS.
  8. Piznut Angry Gnome

I just never understood why when you're pulling, if you remain standing, mobs will often spaz all over the place with terrible pathing, but as soon as you sit down, pathing fixes itself and the mob will run right to you.
  9. Rentic420 New Member

Hawkeye does it!
  10. theonepercent Augur

Because you're not just standing, you're moving. Sitting vs standing still only matters if you're lev'd in very specific locations.
  11. Rentic420 New Member

The remaining days was removed due to a lag issue, I think?
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

At point blank you may as well just grab an arrow & jab it into your enemy using your hamfist as pull your bowstring.

Also Hawkeye (or Jermely Renner at least) in the movies is overall pretty terrible at archery.
  13. Rentic420 New Member

all the avengers are bad but the Hulk, you only need Hulk smash! ;)
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Puny God!
    Yinla and Stymie like this.
  15. Piznut Angry Gnome

Eh it makes a noticeable difference after pulling on the monk for the past few years. Even standing still vs. sitting. Go to plane of hate, pull a chest, yes they have a very short leash range, but you'll notice they're bouncing back and forth the whole pull even when you're standing 20 feet away. But sit down, and they make a beeline right towards you. (Also what is a beeline?)
  16. RABKkehhalla Elder

Thanks for your input, archery God.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Well, there's a reason he is wearing double guards and its because he's slapping his forearms with the bowstring from poor form, either he had a bad tutor or he didn't listen :p
    Something you learn early from rather painful experience.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We have something better than Hulk smash...we have Absor Smash!
  19. Triconix Augur

His comic character also has them, but is considered the best marksman in the entire Marvel Universe.
    Yinla likes this.
  20. Nolrog Augur

The major improvement I can see:

T