EverPasta You will be missed

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Just_Another_SK, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Just_Another_SK Elder

Two wonderful things happened to me in 1999 I found this great game called EverQuest & I Also met Mary.
    She was in her mid 60s when I met her after going into a local Italian deli for the first time.
    A large bowl of Anti-Pasta salad labled "Marys Salad" was on display so I ordered a Lb to eat for lunch
    It was the most amazing thing I have ever eaten, Mary who was born in Italy but Imigrated to the US when she was very young had worked at this deli for over 15 years before I ever decided to step foot in it.
    Over the next few years I would go in almost daily and order her delicious salad, I couldnt stay away, she made her own secret dressing that no matter how many times over the years I tried on my own to replicate I never even came close to achieving, It was while eating my lunch there so often I got to know mary so well, she would tell me stories about her youth and I would tell her about this Amazing game called EverQuest I was playing, She always listened intently laughing at funny things I told her about in game
    In 2005 she got her first computer as a gift, she knew nothing about computers so I went to her house and set it up for her (and enjoyed 2 bowls of her salad while there!)
    After getting it set up for her she asked "which button is EverQuest"
    I downloaded the game for her and put it on my card. By this time she was like a grandmother to me and I wanted her to see the game I had told her so much about.
    Jokingly we decided her character would be named Everpasta and so Everpasta was born.
    Mary didnt log on often but when she did we would just chat, occassionally hunting but she enjoyed me walking her around the game and seeing the scenery and our conversations most about the game.

This morning I went to the deli and for the first time that i can remember since 99 mary was not there, I asked the owner if she was I'll and found out she passed in her sleep last night

Mary Everpasta was probably not known by many of you. but I wanted to share a little about her and mention the Joy she found just logging into EverQuest and seeing the sites and chatting

Everpasta you will be missed, May the angels enjoy eating marys special anti pasta salad now and her great company as I was blessed enough to do for years
  2. Grove Augur

A little presence but a great loss. So sorry.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Thank you for sharing, and sorry for your loss.

Tat
  4. Reht The Dude abides...

My condolences, thank you for sharing. Good luck on the next leg of your journey Everpasta!
  5. Sissruukk Rogue One

It is people like this that make the game what it is.
  6. Geroblue Augur

My condolences.
  7. Coagagin Guild house cat

I have been amazed if not blessed to be playing the same game so long that, unfortunately, have lost a number of good friends over the years, even when I have never meet many, face to face.

Great story. You have my condolences.

- Coa
  8. lancelove Augur

9. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Thanks for sharing your story. My condolences on the loss of your friend.
  10. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

Very sorry for yours and EQs loss.
    My condolences.
  11. Beggly Augur

Always sad when someone who is part of our community passes away. I've had three friends pass in EQ, and it never gets better.