Evergreen Leaf disappears

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Hegsheoshed, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Hegsheoshed Augur

Normally if you drop something on the ground it shows as a bag or as a weapon. I happened across an evergreen leaf the other day. I marveled at how bug it was. Put it in my bags and went on my way. Today I went back to see how they appeared in others areas of Greater Faydark and found them very hard to find on the ground but I did eventually find 2 in the same spot. I picked them up and moved from the spot a little bit and dropped one to see how it would appear. It didn't. It vanished entirely *POOF*. I went to Plane of Knowledge to do the same test and *POOF*.

Not sure where they are falling to the ground at but it seems odd. I've done the small race bit and poked my face into trees and found them but they are always out of reach and it is time consuming checking trees and fallen logs. Are there more ground spawns that are underground or something?

I don't care that I lost leaves doing a test. They should appear on the ground though. Maybe poof after a while if it isn't their normal spawn spot.
  2. GNOME_POWER Augur

In the EQ world, the cleaning system is always working so that if the item you put on the ground is a normal item, it will disappear.
    If you put an item in front of a cat in Shar Vahl, an emote will appear and the item will disappear.
    In the case of Greater Faydark, It's a fairy mischief...
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Not everything you drop on the ground stays long enough to pick it back up. A lot of items do as you mentioned but just like when you sell an item to some NPC and it will show up on their inventory to resell but there are other NPC who will just eat the item and not offer any player sold items for resale.

The Evergreen Leafs are much sought after as they are hard to collect. There are only like 17 spawn points in the entire game and not all in the same zone. They do not always spawn in the same area in those zones. The Dev's recently went thru and increased the size of the leaf to gigantic to make them easier to find.

Sorry to hear you used them in an experiment as they usually fetch a couple hundred plat or more each. Have you tried dropping coin?;)
  4. theonepercent Augur

The leaves had their graphic changed somewhat recently. When they spawn they have their new graphic but when you pick one up and drop it it reverts back to the old graphic. It's there, just a lot smaller.
    [IMG]
    it also seems to be using the bigger size for placing the item so it may end up under the world.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

theonepercent is correct. I experimented with this since I knew what to look for if it reverts to the old smaller size. It did revert when you drop it, in fact it even appears smaller than the old small version. It was super hard to find it again.