Even for one day.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cone head, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Cone head Augur

Remove the level restrictions when it comes to grouping.

I would also like to see the level restriction removed form fellowship now that exp goes toward vitality.
    Or.
    Offer a lore no drop potion or token the market place that is consumed and will allow said player the ability to group with any level and get exp. Have it on a 2 or 4 hour timer.
    I am going to assume playrs will be smart enough to know this request is only to allow faster leveling. It should not allow for level restricted task zone or event access.
  2. Shang Augur

With the way exp in a group is calculated, in regards to different levels in the same group, this could be troublesome very fast.
  3. Laronk Augur

Ahh as it is people can PL very very fast. So I am not sure what this would hurt
  4. Cakeny Augur

I wager this would involve rewriting code and would be a non-trivial task.
  5. Sebbina Augur

Current maximum spread for lowest to get XP, is 30 levels- so a 65 can leech off a 95 (70 should be able to leech off a 100). I have a few Characters that remain at fixed levels so they can slaughter mobs and advance newer characters quickly. [65 SK can grind a 43 up to 56, and then my 85 ranger can get them to 65 in short time] getting brand new characters to 43 can be done very quickly. Since SOE already sells XP potions Bottle of Adventure III, that increases kill XP by 50 % for 2 hours, there really is no need to allow unlimited XP level range. I personally recommend stopping at 65 (full 95 buffs stick) and grinding out AA while working to max Defense, Dodge and any desired melee skills, plus some serious effort to get spell casting up (if char has spells/songs), then stop again at about 85/90 to get Physical Skills up (Droga tops out at 61, and mobs have kunark HP/DPS) and there are several zones that mobs are weak at 85 is so skilling up is low risk, though boring.
  6. Tirratye Lorekeeper

Not counting really low levels, the maximum level spread of players in a group to gain experience with eachother has always been 2/3 of the level of the highest person, rounded to the nearest whole number.

Therefore, you wind up with the following:
    Level 50 can group with level 75
    Level 53 can group with level 80
    Level 57 can group with level 85
    Level 60 can group with level 90
    Level 63 can group with level 95
    Level 67 can group with level 100
  7. Gamanern Journeyman

Recently got my brother into game so we levelled him up fast. We found that he couldn't group with the 95 chars until he was 65, so potentially there is a 30 level spread maximum also.
  8. Naugrin Augur

Aye, the 30 level hard cap was discovered during voa with level 95. Piestro (iirc) confirmed it.