Evantil: The Glitching Oak

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tearsin Rain, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Tearsin Rain Augur

alright so another day, another Evantil raid bugging out with ant adds that can not be attacked, thus making the mission unbeatable.
    i know that there are people out there that rarely if ever experience this event bug, but it's been hitting us hard enough that we're just taking evantil out of our raid rotation because of how often it glitches out on us.

seems to be if the nest protector is touching a zone wall when an ant spawns, that ant has a very high probability of glitching.
    because the win condition of this raid is 'kill all the ants' this means you can not beat the raid.

this happens to us near every time we try to do the event, and i know a lot of other people who have it happen to them as well.
    if the script can not be easily corrected to stop the ants from glitching (and i assume this IS a glitch because i would find it rather depressing if this is just how the event works) can you at least change it so that the win condition is no longer 'kill all the ants', but instead 'kill the nest protector' - that way, you still need to kill the ants in order to be out of combat to loot the chest, but if a couple of them glitch on you it doesn't waste of your life having done the whole event to only now be unable to get your chest because of 1 glitched NPC.
  2. Fenthen aka Rath

In all honesty, when the protector dies, all ant adds need to despawn. It's not going to prevent someone from winning the raid if they die to an ant. We normally have to run everybody down and kill the random popping/warping ant with pets.
  3. Axxius Augur

Yeah, the issue is known. But to give up on an easy raid completely because of it? :eek:

1. Don't tank the boss near walls. It's not that hard to keep him in the middle.
    2. If you still get bugged ants at the end - send your rangers, mages, necros and wizards downstairs and kill the bugged ants in the air while they are chain-falling-warping.
  4. Hatsee Augur

It's generally agreed that it's the boss on the walls that causes this?

I'd like to see something done about that problem and the achievement being nearly impossible. The knock back needs to be removed from the event... That should probably work for all the problems? Or am I missing something?
  5. Tearsin Rain Augur

shrug. when the raid leader gets that sick of it, what're you gonna do.

well DERR HURR HEPADERP that's for that BRILLIANT observation.

man, if only we'd thought of that and if only i'd mentioned it specifically as our fail today being due to the MT getting mantrapped and the nest protector running to the wall chasing him before anyone was able to react quickly enough to get a taunt off...

it's easy to simply hand-wave this as a skill issue and i'll even concede to that to some extent, but an event should not become glitched and unbeatable due to a split second reaction time.

which i didn't even know was an option until now, that isn't exactly information gleaned from the event script.
  6. Luft Elder

Since they removed pet push it should be no problem at all to keep the big plant off the walls. Just don't put it on the wall, doesn't seem that complicated to figure out.
    If the tank gets mantrapped that's just bad luck if it spawns when it's over there, nothing you can do about that.
  7. Tearsin Rain Augur

that happening and the event glitching because of it is the entire reason that i posted this thread.
  8. Xirtket Augur

People can post all the useless banter they want about "well you should have done this, or you should have done that" the bottom line is, the raid should NOT bug out like that, it needs to be fixed, it's a flawed raid,fix it, end of story.
  9. Axxius Augur

Ok no more hints for you. Be a DERP and just give up. Your problems.

DERR HURR HEPADERP ;)
  10. Ronak Augur

I don't see why people want this bug to stay live.