Estle #2 Remember the Dead

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by quakedragon, Apr 11, 2021.

1. quakedragon Augur

[IMG]Is this mission doable or no?

I got Ladric down to 10% and he just would not die. Would not go down any lower. Gormley was still alive too.

What do you do when he wont go down futher than 10%? Am I missing something?
    I'm looking at https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=7406
    November 2015, other people had issues with Ladric not going down past 10% too, but no one had a solution to it.

What am I doing wrong? Maybe I should kill Gormley?
    I tried with killing Gormley, still unkillable 10%. What am I doing wrong?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This has been a long standing bug. Lots of posts about it. There are two versions of this task and the best thing to do is keep requesting Remember the Dead until you get the version where you do not have to kill Landric but only have to kill his tailors. That's how I got thru the progression.

Others say to kill Gormley and adds first but that is also contradicted cause others say that is what locks Ladric

Once I was a higher level and went back it was no longer an issue so I think it has something to do with how fast you can kill him/them whatever.
  3. quakedragon Augur

According to Allah,
    If You Get This Step: In the bandit area, DPS "Ladric the Fancy" (spawns an add at 70%, 40%, and 20% health); task updates at 10% health.

Maybe code is confusing with the other Ladric the Fancy, it maybe triggers a taskupdate but I'm on step 9 not 6? Having this named for different situations, and one situation where I assume he goes invulnerable because of task updates and does not die, and the other one where you have to kill him. I don't think that's good idea coding wise.

I'm Pretty livid right now to be honest. So much time spent trying to figure out how to get this named to die.
  4. Hairyharlo New Member

I believe that you have to "Hail" Ladric or say "Brother Chintle". Basically you rough him up then you need ask him for the information for the Estle update. I haven't done that task in a year so I could be misremembering, but I would try that if you end up with that version again.
  5. quakedragon Augur

I finished it, I got the one where I get him down to 10% and he stops fighting, and then kill the tailors.
    But I should not had to redo this mission. They need to fix it or remove the other mission line where you fight Ladric at the very end. Because he was invulnerable and can't be killed yet I'm suppose to kill him? I wiped 3 times too, brought him down to 10% 3 times. It probably is a coding issue, because in same mission he can be brought to 10% and thats fine, and also in same mission (just a different way of completion) you have to kill him, the code probably got messed up and made him invulnerable when he's suppose to be killable.

Recommend they fix it or get rid of the step where you have to kill him because someone else is gonna be doing in in future and they gonna be equally ticked off like I was.