Essential Zerker/DPS Clickies

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Arcaine, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Arcaine Elder

So I'm trying to take my DPS to the next level, and have started using multi-skill keybinds, and burn /pause socials etc., and I wanted to ask: what are some of the essential clickies that a zerker should have to ensure max DPS, on top of aa's, gear, etc.?

I'm thinking of things like the zerker epic, Lizardscale Plated Girdle, etc.

Does anyone have a list of essential clickies that no zerker should be seen without?

Thanks!
  2. thai New Member

I carry several clickies but not too many that affect DPS per se... Epic and Lizardscale girdle asside, get yourself the 3 BPs with separate cooldowns (the standard type 17, Anguish and Crescent Reach) and a V3 haste clicky of some kind (I use the OMM symbol). Can also nab a proc clickie such as the Orb of Sky or Symbol of the Planesmasters and your standard Might of Stone line clickies.
  3. Phrett Augur

Don't bother with Symbol of the Planesmasters... especially if you ever want to raid. I'd someone out if I caught them using that.
  4. Songsa Augur

Yup the proc effect has a push component that is bad when raiding.
  5. Fansy Augur

There really are not many essential click items to hunt anymore for anyone. A few classes still have one or two left but most do not. The devs did not think it was fair to have old things to have to work on or that some classes had useful stuff so they pretty much did away with them via nerfs degrading or capped weak new clicks. If its complicated or valuable it has or will be removed eventually in the guise of making the game better for all.
  6. fransisco Augur

Isnt the lizardscale girdle just a 50% haste buff like haste postions? Not v3 haste?
  7. Phrett Augur

Correct, but it's still great to have. Frees up tons of bag space from not needing to carry around the haste pots. But, yes you will need a separate v3 haste clicky to go along with the belt.
  8. fransisco Augur

Guess you gotta love a potion that never runs out!
  9. Gumlakx Augur

Apart from the usual clickies you get with non-visible gear:

Lizardscale girdle - 50% regular hast
    Overhaste - best is Ancient Cloak of Flames. I use a weaker one from Big Bynn
    Geomantra - helps reduce spell damage
    Levitate - useful versus knockback and for travel, otherwise I prefer to avoid it
    Shrink ring - Rumor Has It mission
    Port sticks / Brick of Knowledge - mobility saves time
    Fellowship Insignia - a very nice convenience item
    Brigandine tunic - clicky invis to reduce (not replace) use of cloudy potions
    Blood Drinker's Coating - adds a short term lifetap healing effect
    Familiar - minor HP/regen bonus

This is just what I can recall offhand.
  10. Arcaine Elder

What are the names (or examples) of the 3 BP's you're referring to?
  11. thai New Member

12. Arcaine Elder

Thanks - great list.

Anything else people can think of from even a purely utility perspective?

The anniversary quest shrink clicky is a lifesaver as a barbarian, for example.
  13. Kiillz Augur

CoP clickies are useful as well
  14. Arcaine Elder

sorry.. CoP?
  15. thai New Member

CoP = Circle of Power. Nifty aura clicky. Easiest to farm would likely be Ring of the Eyes.
  16. thai New Member

Tons of general utility clickies. I carry Mask of Vanishing (invis), Bone Earring of Evasion (invis undead), Necrotic Divining Device (find corpse), Holgresh Elder Beads (eye of zomm), Shield of the Immaculate (cure disease), Swiftmantle (levi), Wand of Everlasting Water/Orb of Satisfaction (summon drink/food) and Fisherman's Companion (summon fishing pole/ale).
  17. Langya Augur

Circle items might have some stacking issues to be aware of so be sure to look them up in Lucy. Nice thing about those items is you can link them to a burn macro with the /useitem command, even if they are in a bag.

As for the Plane Master's symbol, I have not actually seen the push effect of this in action. I have one on my rogue but us the Timestone Adorned Ring on my zerk. If the push is there, than it is of not much consequence. Lucy lists it as a "Pushback" value of 1 for both procs but I have no idea if it is linked to the stun component. If the stun is resisted I doubt there is any knock back. Either way, it is not like the pally/cleric stun lines that have a noticeable knockback. Tanks used them back when they were new so /shrug. I am not condoning nor discouraging its use but I am pretty sure I have raided and left the Pestilence Shock buff in place and no one tore my head off as implied by Phrett. Either it wasn't noticeable or the people I raided with were not that big into being nit pickers. Otherwise its a little bit of free dps. Proceed at your own risk.
  18. Phrett Augur

CoP does not fire while you have zerker aura up... keep that in mind. You have to drop your aura if you want to use the clicky.
  19. Phrett Augur

Oh I'm definitely a nit-picker, no doubt about that... but that's also why I win parses. Any amount of push is generally a bad thing and here's why...

Even with my super awesome bad- gaming rig, there is still a bit of latency between when a mob gets pushed in the game versus when I can see where it moved on my monitor. I'm betting this true for the vast majority of players in a full on raid burn, and lots of data is being exchanged between the servers and the player computers. Now, if at any point that little bit of push created by SoP causes me to miss a single round... then all that "free dps" you got from using SoP is nothing compared to the dmg I would have done in that single missed round of combat. And that's just one round of combat from one single player... can you imagine the implications of causing several of your top melee dps to miss even a single round of combat. In my guild that could mean millions of lost damage done to the mob. SoP just isn't worth it...

TL:DR? The cons of using a Symbol of the Planesmasters FAR outweigh any benefits *in a raid setting (not so much when solo/grouping)
  20. Langya Augur

Its all good.

My basis might be flawed. My comp is 4+ years old and my isp is a dsl provider so my precision is about that of a butter churn. Needless to say, I dropped out of the raiding game.