Escape

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Coppercoz, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Coppercoz Augur

Can someone please explain how rogue escape is supposed to work? I have always gotten distance and popped escape. This would usually put a sos buff in my song buff window that automatically put me hide/sneak with an aggro dump.

But, it didn't always seem to put that buff up and I don't recall getting it at all lately. Perhaps this may be due to fast mobs now that we're in oow where getting any distance is nearly impossible. Escape is so undependable now I only use it as a last ditch effort and expect to fail.

I don't remember it being this way on quarm so has something changed recently?
  2. Brohg Augur

You need to be outside ~double melee range to get the invis effect.
  3. Raccoo Augur

Just made a macro for my alt rogue.
    /timer 1500,/alt act 102
    /doability 2 (sneak)
    /doability 3 (hide)
  4. Aziuno Augur

So, Escape clears your threat 100%

If you have a spell being casted on you before you hit escape, and it has not landed before you hit escape, it will break your escape just like casting on FD does.

Additionally, you need to be out of melee range a bit to get the song/buff like Brohg stated.

So being casted on, or not being out of melee range, can put you right back into combat if you don't get sneak/hide off in that 1/2 second you have.