Error while trying to log in..does a patch

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by kujokan, Mar 21, 2013.

1. kujokan New Member

2. kujokan New Member

any ideas on this patching issue? or how to fix it?
  3. Seddie New Member

I'm also having a weird launch issue. After launchpad opens, it attempts to pull the news/updates (the screen that you normally would click login) - However, aside from the background graphic, nothing ever loads. After a few seconds, the launchpad window turns black, and I get an error of:
    Error:
    Unknown Error Occured

Any idea?
  4. TSR-SeanF Augur

The socket error you are encountering is typically the result of a Windows setting that is preventing the launcher from working correctly. To possibly resolve this issue, reset your Internet options by following these instructions: Go to Start > Control Panel > Internet Options > Click the Advanced Tab. On the Advanced Tab Afterward click Reset > Delete Personal Settings > and click Ok. Then go back on the Internet Options and on the advanced tab, scroll down to Security and un-check "Check Server Certificate Revocation" and "Do Not Save Encrypted Pages to Disk" then click on Ok.

For the "Unknown Error Occurred" issue I would suggest running a repair on the launcher using the following set up file:

http://launch.soe.com/everquest/

If you continue to encounter any issues please feel free to open a support ticket with us for further assistance.
  5. Rubies New Member

I am getting the same error as Seddie.

I have done the repair the launcher and still nothing.

Sometimes I also get a message about launchpad can not connect, try again later.

I would open a help ticket but it seems http://help.soe.com/ is down.
  6. TSR-SeanF Augur

If those steps did not resolve the issue you may need to add the proper exceptions to any firewall or anti-virus software you are currently running as it is also a common cause of this issue. You can find a full list of exceptions to add at the following link:

https://help.soe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37058

If your issues persist please open a ticket with us and we will be happy to help.
  7. Hrieke New Member

none of that worked
  8. Revive D' Corpse New Member

It is always good to check and make sure all antivirus/firewall programs have the game set as an exception also

control panel>internet options>connections>lan settings<uncheck use proxy server>click ok.
    that should let you play the game.
  9. Hrieke New Member

10. Set777 New Member

11. TSR-AlexS Augur

The most common causes of a socket error is Bloatware. In these cases, a semi-malicious program (or group of programs) is preventing the launch pad from connecting. I have also included additional instructions to follow as subsequent steps if removing bloatware did not resolve the issue.

1. To fix this, you will need to remove said bloat ware programs in order to connect. Some common software to look for is below.
    • Browser Safeguard
    • Browser Infrastructure Helper
    • Search Protect
    • Browser Defender
    • Severeweatheralerts.exe

2. Reset your Internet options by following these instructions: First, make sure to have all browsers and the Launchpad closed. Next, go to Start > Control Panel > Internet Options > Click the Advanced Tab. On the Advanced Tab Afterward click Reset > Delete Personal Settings > and click Reset. Then go back on the Internet Options and on the advanced tab. scroll down to Security and un-check "Check Server Certificate Revocation" and *Do Not Save Encrypted Pages to Disk* then click on Ok.

3. Windows Proxy Settings: Please refer to the Knowledgebase article for assistance with these steps: http://help.soe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28400

4. LP4 Cache Settings: If some cached information is preventing the LP4 from working properly, they can clear the LP4 cache by going to the game's folder and finding the launchpad.libs folder. From there, delete the launchpad.cache folder and try accessing the game once again.

5. Anti-Virus / Firewall Software: It is not advisable to fully disable AV/FW software, but you will want to make sure the proper exceptions have been made for all security software.

6. Client Reinstallation: This is a last ditch effort – as I’m sure you know, reinstalling takes time, and not an initial recommendation. In some rare cases, however, reinstalling the client will fix the Socket Error.
  12. Ciciluv New Member

I've tried everything that has been suggested including totally uninstalling and reinstalling the game but I keep getting the very same code as above no matter what I do. I really don't know what else to do. I played the game about 3 months ago and had to step away for a while and everything worked fine then. I'm not sure what has happened but it would sure be nice if the issue was fixed. If I'm not the only one having the same issue then I highly doubt it's anything to do with my computer and more to do with the game.