Fixed Error in 'Master of the Burning Lands' Achievement

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Koutarou_E'ci, Aug 18, 2022.

1. Koutarou_E'ci Elder

I'm really surprised this hasn't been noticed after almost 4 years:

I don't know what the intention is for this achievement, but the text does not match the tickboxes.

Either the text should mention challenges instead of hunts or the third tickbox should be 'Burnslayer' instead of 'Challenger of the Burning Lands'

Edit - I just reviewed the 'Master' achievement for past expansions. The text has remained unchanged from House of Thule to Terror of Luclin (12 years worth of expansions): 'quests, missions and hunts', but at Ring of Scale the tickbox changed from hunter to challenger and remained challenger for The Burning Lands and Torment of Veeshan before changing back to hunter for Claws of Veeshan and Terror of Luclin.
    RoS, TBL and CoV have tickboxes inconsistent with the explanatory text.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Inconsistent does not make a bug.
  3. Koutarou_E'ci Elder

The text is saying to get achievements A, B and C. The tickboxes say achievements A, B and D. I'd call that a bug in one or the other (as I said, I have no idea what the intention was at the time). While its highly unlikely the tickboxes will be changed, the text should at least be fixed to match what's actually required on those expansions.
    Wyre Wintermute, Stymie and Nennius like this.
  4. Ganzito Developer

We went ahead and updated the achievement descriptions for these to be accurate. But I'm pretty sure the fix missed the most recent Test update so likely won't be in the November Live update.
    Stymie and Fanra like this.