Error Code 4-503

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by A Returning Player, Jan 13, 2016.

1. A Returning Player New Member

I'm a returning player that is deployed to Iraq. My internet connection is less than ideal, wireless speedtest.net comes in at less than 1mbs down, during heavy traffic times less than .5mbs. 80% of the time I am getting the following when trying to start the launchpad:

LaunchPad was unable to connect. Please check the network connection or try again later. If the problem persists, please visit https://help.daybreakgames.com for assistance.
    (4-503)

I contacted the help desk, but only got a form reply back. Is the issue my internet speed? I can upgrade but it is expensive to get above 1mbs here. I was receiving the same message but with code (4-0) at the end, which would eventually launch. The 503 message does not fix itself. I was unable to do a search for the code in the forums either. Any ideas on this?
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Try going through this list and see if it helps.

LaunchPad Troubleshooting

Answer ID 29017 | Published 06/23/2011 10:22 AM | Updated 08/19/2015 04:06 PM
    My LaunchPad cannot finish the download, or keeps downloading the same files over and over. What can I do?
    If LaunchPad continuously downloads the same files every time you launch, the following are a few steps you can take.
    Run as Administrator

Right-click on the LaunchPad icon and select "Run as Administrator" to load it with full access. Log in and enter the game as you would normally.
    Conflicting Software

The following programs are not legitimate anti-virus software and have been known to cause issues with the LaunchPad. These are non essential programs that may adversely affect computer performance. None of these programs are necessary to run Windows.
    • Browser Safeguard
    • Browser Infrastructure Helper
    • Search Protect
    • Browser Defender
    Browser Toolbars

In addition, some browser toolbars (such as Goodle Toolbar or Yahoo! Toolbar) provide popup-blocking that can cause connection problems while using LaunchPad. It is recommended that you uninstall them, reboot the machine, and then re-launch the game. These can also effect game performance and hinder the connection to the game servers.
    Reset your Internet Options

Even if you use Firefox, Google Chrome or another web browser to surf the internet, the LaunchPad runs off of Internet Explorer settings. Follow these steps to reset your Internet Options which may improve LaunchPad performance.
    1. Go to Start, then your Control Panel.
    2. Click on Internet Options.
    3. Click on the Advanced Tab.
    4. Click on Reset.
    5. Check the box Delete Personal Settings, and then OK.
    6. Go back to Internet Options to the Advanced Tab, scroll down to Security and un-check "Check Server Certification Revocation" and "Do Not Save Encrypted Pages to Disk".
    7. Click OK.
    Reset Router

Routers are the number one cause of connection issues for players of our games. In most cases of connection issues, the router is either blocking the ports needed to patch and play our games or is "clogged" and needs to be reset. Try turning off your router for 15 seconds, then turning it back on to see if this improves your patching process.
    Clear the LaunchPad Cache

Navigate to the directory of the game you are trying to play and open the launchpad.libs folder. Delete the launchpad.cache folder and relaunch the LaunchPad again.
    Antivirus / Firewall

You may want to make sure nothing is interfering with the LaunchPad such as a real-time antivirus scanner, a firewall, or spyware/adware on the computer. Add your game as an exception to bypass your virus protection software. Please check out the following articles for more information.
    Windows Proxy Settings

To adjust the Windows Proxy Settings, which the LaunchPad uses to connect, please check out this article
    For Players that use the Steam Client

Navigate to Steam\SteamApps\common\H1Z1 and delete or rename the LaunchPad.libs file.
    Still Stuck?

If the LaunchPad is still having issues after taking these steps, please contact Customer Support.

LaunchPad Troubleshooting

Answer ID 29017 | Published 06/23/2011 10:22 AM | Updated 08/19/2015 04:06 PM
    My LaunchPad cannot finish the download, or keeps downloading the same files over and over. What can I do?
    If LaunchPad continuously downloads the same files every time you launch, the following are a few steps you can take.
    Run as Administrator

Right-click on the LaunchPad icon and select "Run as Administrator" to load it with full access. Log in and enter the game as you would normally.
    Conflicting Software

The following programs are not legitimate anti-virus software and have been known to cause issues with the LaunchPad. These are non essential programs that may adversely affect computer performance. None of these programs are necessary to run Windows.
    • Browser Safeguard
    • Browser Infrastructure Helper
    • Search Protect
    • Browser Defender
    Browser Toolbars

In addition, some browser toolbars (such as Goodle Toolbar or Yahoo! Toolbar) provide popup-blocking that can cause connection problems while using LaunchPad. It is recommended that you uninstall them, reboot the machine, and then re-launch the game. These can also effect game performance and hinder the connection to the game servers.
    Reset your Internet Options

Even if you use Firefox, Google Chrome or another web browser to surf the internet, the LaunchPad runs off of Internet Explorer settings. Follow these steps to reset your Internet Options which may improve LaunchPad performance.
    1. Go to Start, then your Control Panel.
    2. Click on Internet Options.
    3. Click on the Advanced Tab.
    4. Click on Reset.
    5. Check the box Delete Personal Settings, and then OK.
    6. Go back to Internet Options to the Advanced Tab, scroll down to Security and un-check "Check Server Certification Revocation" and "Do Not Save Encrypted Pages to Disk".
    7. Click OK.
    Reset Router

Routers are the number one cause of connection issues for players of our games. In most cases of connection issues, the router is either blocking the ports needed to patch and play our games or is "clogged" and needs to be reset. Try turning off your router for 15 seconds, then turning it back on to see if this improves your patching process.
    Clear the LaunchPad Cache

Navigate to the directory of the game you are trying to play and open the launchpad.libs folder. Delete the launchpad.cache folder and relaunch the LaunchPad again.
    Antivirus / Firewall

You may want to make sure nothing is interfering with the LaunchPad such as a real-time antivirus scanner, a firewall, or spyware/adware on the computer. Add your game as an exception to bypass your virus protection software. Please check out the following articles for more information.
    Windows Proxy Settings

To adjust the Windows Proxy Settings, which the LaunchPad uses to connect, please check out this article
    For Players that use the Steam Client

Navigate to Steam\SteamApps\common\H1Z1 and delete or rename the LaunchPad.libs file.
    Still Stuck?

If the LaunchPad is still having issues after taking these steps, please contact Customer Support.
  3. Grandmasta-monk New Member

Ive been having the same issue the past 3 f**king days and im really pissed about it 98% downloaded returning Vet. Player and SOB wolnt work.. worked JUST FINE the past 2 weeks downloading.. now it has issues so its not on my end. I havent downloaded anything that would confilct. EQ get your crap together and fix this issue. I wentto try and redownload the Launcher NOPE got a 404 when i tried too. so its on YOUR end.
  4. Grandmasta-monk New Member

I keep getting the same thing dude is getting the 4-503 error and this is BS. I have yet to get a response from customer service and its been 2 damn days. The issue is not on my end. So pal I dont think its us i think its EQ.
  5. Histamine Journeyman

Seems to be something new-ish ( though I've had this problem from time to time in the past ) as the boards have several threads going about it. In the past I've had to disable my AV program to be able to play the game at all, which is not ideal.
    There is, however, a way to bypass the Launcher entirely: http://www.redguides.com/forums/sho...he-Patchme-command-to-bypass-the-SOE-Launcher
    describes how it's done. Hopefully that helps.