error at character select

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Saeadyan, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Saeadyan Elder

So I log in and get to the character select screen, I choose a character and then hit enter world. Wait a few seconds then get black screen saying server not responding, then you have been disconnected. Then back to log in screen where it says a character is logged in do you want to remove them and I say yes. Rinse, repeat over and freaking over. This has been happening for over 2 weeks now. Oh some times it switches it up and goes to a log in screen saying your log in could not be verified please try again. It took me 32 minutes to get 1 character actually playing, why should I even bother playing if there is this much hassle just to start off, not even playing? Once you actually get in game you get to deal with the zoning issues where you get hung up while zoning and have to shut the game down. This has been happening since the patch before last.
  2. Rorce Augur

Have you tested your internet connection? It sounds like it could be a connection problem.
  3. Saeadyan Elder

I don't have any problems with any other online game. Just EQ, both live and test, give me any problems. I did the speed test deal and it says everything is working fine. I use Avast and I got a free trial of their internet security instead of just their free one so I had to adjust firewall settings etc to make sure only one is operating. I also port forwarded both versions of EQ. I guess we wait and see if it works ok when the trial is over. wish I could just dump the trial and go back to original version avast but I can't find a way of doing so.
  4. guado Augur

I only go for the things in life with a 102% guarantee.
  5. Saeadyan Elder

Thanks Rorce!
    Your question got me thinking about the Avast change so I uninstalled the internet security and went back to the free version and no more issues. So if anyone else has a similar situation get rid of freaking avast pay version and should be fine.

EQ loads fast and without an issue zone fine now also.