Error 1017

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by hotspur95, Mar 25, 2017.

1. hotspur95 Journeyman

Hello, I don't know if anyone has encountered this one but here goes:
    When I try to log in to my server (AB) I get this error:

Error 1017: Cannot Login to Everquest server. You may need to re-run the Update Patch.
    Repeatedly seeing this message indicates a lost of connectivity to the patch server.
    This is usually temporary.

Nothing had changed on the computer I was using.
    It's been over a week now. I tried un-installing and re-installing. It happens on other computers too. I can log in to other servers fine, just not the one where all my characters are!

I've been playing since 2001 and have only recently lapsed to silver if that makes any difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)
  2. hotspur95 Journeyman

oh, and I'm not sure if this makes any difference but my main was in Verdigis Mines. The character select defaults to my trader in the Bazaar though
  3. Malbro Augur

You might try deleting the zone files and repatching. I've had to do that with Veksar a time or two.
  4. hotspur95 Journeyman

I gave it a try, but no luck...

It was a fresh install anyway though, straight into a new Daybreak folder (the old one had still been in the Sony One).

I'll continue to tinker, perhaps some random sequence of events will fix this.
    Over the years I've had issues similair to this, but usually fixed as you suggested...