Not A Bug EQUI Error (with fix): EQUI_SelectorWnd.xml

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Drakah, May 18, 2023.

1. Drakah UI Designer

I noticed there was an issue with the EQUI_SelectorWnd.xml on several of the custom interfaces as there are XML error messages coming up in game. Looking into the code, I realized there is something "UP" with the code though. All of the pieces are referencing the exact same names which I find... odd. Turns out, it is coded wrong as they are all using the same "GOT" pieces. It may work for the "Default" UI but certainly does not work for custom UI's. I am not even sure how it is even working for the Default UI honestly.

Here is the fix:

The 1st Button Item "SELW_MailToggleButton" should be using the "A_MailBtn_____" parts
    The 3rd Button Item "SELW_MailNewToggleButton" should be using the "A_GotMailBtn_____" parts
    The 2nd Button Item "SELW_MailRedToggleButton" should be using the "A_RedMailBtn_____" parts
    Midasa, Salendir, Emilari and 5 others like this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Go teach them how to do this stuff. :)
  3. SteamFox Augur

I wonder if top level inventory slots not highlighting when selected is a similar issue/fix?
  4. Midasa Elder

Thanks!
    After making this change, I noticed that if you press the button to open the mail window, but you use the X in the mail window to close it, the Selector Window button still stays highlighted.
    I tried to see if the same effect happens when using the Quest Journal window but the button only shows as highlighted if you hover over it. I tried several other buttons on the Selector and some do this same behavior while others do not.
  5. Ratalthor Developer

This is not technically a bug. The old default UI was modified to use these new pieces. Custom UI modders, if you want to still use your own selector windows, make sure to have these pieces.