EQtraders message board suspended

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Traxen, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Traxen Lorekeeper

EQTraders.com is up but if you click on the message board, it says the account is suspended.

Ngreth?
  2. German Augur

Its been that way for weeks, they got a nasty hack and the ISP was supposed to help the recover that. Ngreth isn't Den Mother is he?
  3. Zanarnar Augur

No, but he is married to her. I'd guess his day job is keeping him very, very busy right now. I'm sure they'll get it sorted as soon as they can.
  4. German Augur

Haha I didn’t know that, get on it Ngreth! :D
    Goburs and FubarEQ like this.
  5. Galliana Elder

Ngreth, seriously, that message board is needed. What's the delay? I'm seeing updates to the front page, so you aren't neglecting the site.
  6. Aanuvane Augur

If you have content to submit, please feel free to send to me directly in game at Povar.Aanuvane and I will edit/add as necessary.

If you have questions to ask, you can join the serverwide EQ Channel serverwide.eqtraders:eqtraders.

If you're looking for the guides that were posted in that one forum, you're out of luck at the moment :(
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  7. Morigaine Elder

So a bit of a nosy question. Is this a financial issue that some community donations could rectify if people pitched in? I know most of us have zero expectations that Ngreth and his family maintain a community website that is not part of Official Darkpaw on their own dime.

This site is a staple of the community and needs to be fixed. How can we help?
    Whulfgar likes this.
  8. Aanuvane Augur

There is a Paypal donate link on the site, but I personally have no idea if it up to date or not.

Or if you have Facebook you could go discuss that question directly with Niami via the EQTraders Corner page there.
    eepok and Greymantle like this.
  9. CrazyLarth Augur

10. Aanuvane Augur

11. Aanuvane Augur

I did happen to get an update today and not much has changed story wise at this point. Rack Nine is their provider and they have been 100% unresponsive to requests to fix this so far. The only other option would be to lose everything and start over with a new domain apparently, so they are going to keep trying to get Rack Nine to respond.
  12. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

That's a very strange result of a provider not responding. Losing everything and needing a new domain.

I would hope they have the ability to move to another hosting company. I've moved websites and domain names to different hosting companies several times. It would be extremely unusual, indeed practically unheard of, to not be able to do that.
  13. Aanuvane Augur

There are a few other details that apparently complicate matters.
  14. Aanuvane Augur

Their ears must be burning. RackNine apparently finally responded. So here's hoping we'll get some resolution shortly.
    Gabrieles, Fanra and MasterMagnus like this.
  15. Greymantle Augur

It works , i sent them some money earlier this year.
    Aanuvane likes this.
  16. Aanuvane Augur

FYI - the boards are back now if you haven't stopped by to check recently.
  17. Nennius Curmudgeon

Nice.