EQ's Biggest Fan(s)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tiggold, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Tiggold Augur

Who is it? What have you done in RL to show your appreciation for this game and community? I'm curious. Tattoos, stickers, clothes, cosplay. anything - show us!
  2. Cicelee Augur

I have spent an inordinate and ridiculous amount of my real life time either playing Everquest or Forum quest for close to 18 years. In addition to what I would guess as around $3000 or so of my income to support this habit.
  3. Dewey Augur

When I got out of the Navy I took a year off from work to do nothing but play EQ. When I was in the navy when I took vacation I used it to play EQ.

One of my fondest memories is in plane of fear learning the spawn cycles. The wife and I took a 4 day weekend and never left plane of fear staying awake practically the entire time waiting on golems to spawn for epic 1.0's.

I used to love going to the fan fares and the SOE block parties.

I met my wife playing this game and have been happily married for 11 years, and now have 3 kids. Sadly we haven't been able to convince them to play everquest consistantly yet, but I have faith they will.

We did have to leave the game for a while thou do to real life, kids, etc. However; we are back now and we always missed it when we were gone.

The reason I love everquest is the money that one can save. When I do other things I spend money like it is water. When I play everquest; I don't spend money on anything else.

Am I EQ's biggest fan? No. Do I love EQ? Yes

I don't have a tattoo, if I had anything it would be a family portrat of my wife and kids. I would not have them if it wasn't for this game.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth and Tiggold like this.
  4. Truth'd New Member

I think I'm well into the 5 digits on $ spent on EQ, I still have a bit of a chip on my shoulder re: not being able to participate in special events/LoN tournaments due to being a non US citizen.

I'm already partway done construction on my child slave pi- er, happy fun time room, for my future progeny to play EQ in
  5. Wiff Elder

The fake Facebook account I made to play poker on my phone uses a pic of my halfling druid.

My phone plays the skelly laugh when my RL friend that plays a necro calls me.

Um. That's all I got.
  6. Horyuken Augur

Does daybreak still have the old Firiona Vie costumes that where used at fan fairs and trade shows?