EQResource 6th Anniversary + Contest!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rorce, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Rorce Augur

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know EQResource recently turned 6!

We added a new feature, Achievements! This feature can be accessed at https://achievements.eqresource.com

We've also put together a little survey. Participants will be placed into a drawing for 1 of 3 EverQuest Hats! You can read all about that here: https://eqresource.com/board/index.php?topic=186584

Hope you guys enjoy the new feature, and best of luck in the contest!
    Sheex, Nniki, Spellfire and 3 others like this.
  2. svann Augur

Gratz!
    Rorce likes this.
  3. Nolrog Augur

I took the survey.
    Rorce likes this.
  4. Rorce Augur

Just a few more days remain for the chance to win an EverQuest hat!
  5. Rorce Augur

Thanks to everyone who participated in this Survey. We got some great feedback that's helped us plan and prioritize new features for the website!

With that said, we've announced our three winners:

• Bonzz
    • Abazzagorath
    • Sskat

Please join me in congratulating these players on their new EQ Hats!

https://eqresource.com/board/index.php?topic=186612
  6. Questoften32 Augur

Why don't you guys sponsor a fan art and fan fiction short story contest, something more than a Survey?

Don't tell me this has never occurred to you?

Eq 1 has very little fan art...almost zero except for vie and shes in eq2 as well. This would encourage people to grow the fandom in that way.
  7. CrazyLarth Augur

gratz winners
  8. Rorce Augur

It has occurred to me, along with many, many other fun contest ideas. The problem is, something like this requires effort. When we run a contest that requires effort, we get very, very little participation. The last housing contest we ran, we only got like a half dozen entries. Anyone at all can run contests. If you'd like to run one based on fan art, I would encourage you to do so. I'm sure there will be at least a few people who participate and enjoy it! I know I would definitely enjoy seeing peoples creativeness, as I always do in these types of contests.

The contest types that get the most participation are ones that:
    A. Require very little effort / time investment.
    B. Pick winners based on a /random, instead of creativeness / skill / knowledge.

We needed some honest feedback on the website, and on some feature ideas that we had, so this contest met both of the above criteria AND helped us as admin, and making the website more useful for our users in the future. It seemed like a win / win.

Honestly, I LOVE doing contests that require more user engagement. Remember the "guess that zone" contests we ran? Those were fun as hell to put together. If the player participation was high enough to justify the time investment I have to put into them, I would gladly do more. I know you won't believe me when I say this, but those contests took two days to put together. Between mapping / planning them out, deciding which zones to use, which locations to use, running around getting the images, then writing the code for the system used, testing it, making sure it couldn't be cheated, etc. It's a huge time investment for us, and time is something I don't have much of right now. I work full time and go to school. My 2 days off (if you could call them that, I still have school) are filled with homework, family time, and trying to get at least a small amount of work done on the website. Maybe an hour or two to play Overwatch, and that's all I get.
    Nniki likes this.
  9. CrazyLarth Augur

thank you for all your hard work.
    Sancus and Rorce like this.
  10. gotwar Gotcharms

Did not win hat. Unsubbing my 52 EQR accounts and uninstalling my internet browser.

Hope the survey was useful! wtb more naggy hat/fippy plushie contests! :(
    Nniki and Rorce like this.
  11. Rorce Augur

Lmao
    gotwar likes this.
  12. Questoften32 Augur

I believe you, and I understand, my friend.

Its also a sad age, with totally literal non creative clone like people in behavior. Mostly on one side of the main stream, granted but it dose effect culture in the free world.

Some cant be bothered to use there imagination. Hell, cant get a subtle joke. Dose not compute I guess. The good news is there is ever sign this is turning around. Things tend to go in cycles and once again, that's in in evidence.

Meanwhile, for what its worth I am not a senior citizen yelling get off my lawn, not in this life yet. Many people though, of all ages feel the same way and there is every sign this is turning around. So stay positive.

What you say about your other contest is sad but dose not surprise me and the fact that your still in there is great.

A writing/art contest may do better though, because I know writers and artist they like to show off there work. Question is, how many of them play eq? Would need to get it listed by daybreak though and posted about to get max people in any case.