eqplayers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by getim, Mar 23, 2013.

1. getim New Member

so from asking around it seems the last time people were able to use eqplayers was like 2006. is this thing ever coming back? if not it might be a good idea to remove the references to it in game
  2. Wizadress Senlainae Elder

I've heard things from "they're working on it" to "they're not" .. and that's even with EQ2/
  3. Riou EQResource

Was useable up to a year or 2 ago whenever the Sony hack thing happened.

Eventually it will return, currently they are still working on / are in beta on the Planetside 2 API, after that they said they will show a roadmap of their other games, once that's up then we should know about when EQ Players will make its return. (Unless Piestro or something ninja does it before them :p)
  4. Langya Augur

A guess:

The people who had that pet project got fired/moved on/shifted to other projects/etc and when it broke those left with babysitting it could not figure out how to fix it and management deemed it unimportant fluff not worthy of the expenditure of resources to fix it. It is doubtful EQPlayers was any kind of a revenue generator. If it does get fixed, it would probably be someone's "on their own time for fun" kinda a deal or done by an intern.
  5. Rumstil Lorekeeper

I think at this point the best course of action would be for people to suggest what eqplayers features they would be willing to pay for in station cash - since that seems to drive a lot of eq features. Make the business case for them.

Another alternative is to let the community handle it by providing a much better /output dump. I'm really surprised they haven't done this since it's a minimal effort.
  6. Talif Augur

You mean like raidloot.com or magelo.com? Yeah, I sure hope someone thinks of something soon!
  7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

From my SOE Live report: http://fanraeq.blogspot.com/2012/11/soe-live-2012-after-action-report.html

SOE described their service which provides anyone with the raw data from their games. Currently working for EQ II and planned for EQ and SOE's other games.
    Basically, you can request the same information as you get in-game on items, spells and other things. You can also get information on players.
    Known in-house at SOE as "Census".
    When it is finally working for EQ, it should enable EQ Players to be reactivated.
  8. Drakang Augur

As long as they have been "trying to fix eqplayers" Seems like it would have been quicker to buy out Magelo and replace magelo sync with equpdate lol. Magelo has proved this is not that hard.
  9. Kansan Cloudkicker Elder

It's dead Jim...