eqgame is very crashy

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Lilura, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Lilura Augur

I had the game crash 3 times tonight since the patch, in every instance while camping in the guild lobby. That's all the details I have. Crashed in GL on camp.
  2. Lilura Augur

I can't be the only one, am I?
  3. xPalemoonx New Member

No, I was crashing after 10-30 minutes in game, initially both clients (I run two on same machine) and then just the one. Eventually just logged for the night unable to stay in game.
  4. Derek Lorekeeper

Im crashing in GL, POK, Bazaar. I cant even zone in to these zones! This happens about every other patch for me and the zones will be random that I have issue with since TDS came out and no one from tech support has been able to help. When they patch again it will work fine, I just wish I could actually trouble shoot with a dev rather than someone who doesn't even know the game.
  5. Derek Lorekeeper

I'm still looking for help with this. When trying to zone to POK or Guild Hall I get a message about not being able to connect to server, trying to gate to Guild Lobby I get kicked to server select. Without access to these zones its very impractical to get anywhere. I put in support tickets and it doesn't help, guys reading from scripts isn't working. I need some knowledgeable help. Some Ive talked to in game say it sounds like a port issue but I cant confirm it. If there is a dev who can help I would really appreciate it. This has been happening almost every other patch since TDS came out...
  6. Mistatk Augur

I am crashing about every other time I zone now, starting only since last patch. hope they fix
  7. Sarkaukar Augur

What OS are each of you running? If you are getting into the game then crashing, and you recently updated to Windows 10, update the video card drivers.

Not everyone was effected but a number of players, not just with EQ, had their games crash under Win10 until they updated their graphic drivers.
  8. Derek Lorekeeper

Im still running windows 7. I never had an issue in 15 years until the TDS expansion, thats when this all started happening. Next patch with probably fix it but then the patch after that will mess it up again usually...
  9. Derek Lorekeeper

I feel like some time of security was added during this time and its affecting ports but I cant confirm anything...
  10. Sarkaukar Augur

Lets clarify a few things, is the game actually crashing or is the game dropping you back to character/server select?

If you are getting dropped/losing connection then it is likely a firewall issue or a network issue, be it on your computer or on your router/gateway (combo modem/router).

Are you running wireless or wired? If wireless, are you able to connect directly to modem?
  11. Derek Lorekeeper

I have a wireless but I can run wired too and I have tried both. I used to have a combo modem router but I was told that was likely my issue so I went and bought the recommended stand alone ones but it didn't fix it. I have turned off all of my anti-virus and and windows firewall. Basically Ive jumped through every hoop that I have been asked to by tech support with no luck, Ive tried getting my ISP involved but they say everything is good from their end. I have a very fast connection and have only started having issues since TDS was released and then its only every OTHER patch. The next time that is patched everything will work PERFECTLY until another major patch again. If it were my modem or firewall I would think no matter when the patches it would still be messed up. As of right now Im basically unable to play because I cant zone connect to POK, Guild Lobby or Guild Hall as well as Bazaar. Usually Im freezing or crashing except when I try to gate to GL, then it kicks me to server select. If there would be a patch tomorrow I will be able to play and thats what I cant figure out!
  12. FixShamanPlease Elder

Im having a few client crash since adv loot patch (on or off). Setting to 'use most memory usage' in the options seemed to reduce them. And the worst is that Im having BIG .DMP files in /crash dir.