Fixed Internally eqgame.exe System Error after patch

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Grau, May 17, 2023.

1. Grau Elder

I know the servers aren't up yet, but if you launch the launchpad it will download about 140MB of patch. After downloading and trying to play I am seeing an error on Windows 10 PCs.

The code execution cannot proceed because the MSVCP140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

The code execution cannot proceed because the VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

This is only happening on Windows 10. On my Windows 11 PC it downloads and launches fine. However, this error has happened on 5 different Windows 10 PCs for me.

It's fixed by installing/reinstalling "Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 - 2022 Redistributable"
    Nennius, CatsPaws, JasonS_EQ and 2 others like this.
  2. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

I'ma just wait until servers are unlocked and patch is done.

"after patch"

is a lie.
    Bolburbonecrunch likes this.
  3. Really Now New Member

Confirmed bug. Very poor patch. 5+ Windows 10 machines.
    A_ranger001 likes this.
  4. A_ranger001 Journeyman

I am also having this issue.
    Bolburbonecrunch likes this.
  5. lolans Master

Same here, 3 crash lines after patch. Windows 10 machine
    Bolburbonecrunch and A_ranger001 like this.
  6. Aazz New Member

Same error. My win 10 boxes ok. Win 11 box gets the error. Reinstalling EQ doesn't work. The C++ redistribute doesn't work. Installing new EQ in another folder not working.
  7. Fenthen aka Rath

No problem on my Windows 10 machine. I logged into multiple accounts, turned on trader mode on my bazaar mules, and went to offline mode.

No errors of any kind.

I noticed the inventory window went to a "default" position, I am guessing since it's a new window, and the old inventory window is now gone.
  8. Steve_Phinigel New Member

i get the error message -

eqgame.exe Entry point not found :

The procedure entry point EventSetInformation could not be located in the dynamic link library ADVAPI32.dll.

Win 10 dell laptop
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

For people getting the error messages, make sure you're downloading/installing the correct Visual C++ package. It should be the one labeled 2015-2022. I believe that's an all-in-one package and should install anything missing from previous versions.

They really should have anticipated this and put a note/link in the patch message about it.
  10. Steve_Phinigel New Member

i have downloaded the files and restarted, same message.
  11. Strat79 Apprentice

Igorath-Bertox, Axelicious and Fluid like this.
  12. Reptution New Member

Says i'm missing MSVCP140.dll any ideas or help plz and ty.
  13. JasonS_EQ New Member

This solution worked for me Strat79. Thanks!
  14. Aazz New Member

Thanks, that all package finally worked for me. The one I got from MS didnt work, but that all package ran like 5 or 6 updates and the total of the patches fixed me.
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Quite a few players are having this issue. One fix appears to be to down load this https://www.techpowerup.com/download/visual-c-redistributable-runtime-package-all-in-one/

as mentioned in this thread
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/eqgame-exe-system-error-after-patch.290650/

there is another download link suggested in another thread but the poster does not say which item in his link to download

And then there are folks who are doing nothing and/or cancelling their accounts because they can't get it and feel they should not have to troubleshoot errors that were known before patch.
  16. Arikron New Member

Thank you so much for posting this, friend
  17. Herf Augur

Marvelous. 3 out of 4 of my boxes can't login due to this bug. I'm not going to go download random crap from the Interwebs, FIX THIS DAYPAW!
  18. Bolburbonecrunch Journeyman

I had to do the download twice (thanks Strat79) and was able to get into eq but now i see what peeps were talking about, never had the flicker before but am experiencing it now (not really a big deal). I don't like the way that when you open a bag or anything else it goes behind the inventory screen.