EQDKP Plus

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Aghinem, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Aghinem Augur

Hiya,

Is there anyone that uses this program effectively? I've been trying to figure out how to adjust DKP points individually per user and I cannot for the life of me find any sufficient documentation anywhere other than some very basic stuff.

I have used the adjustment management feature, but clearly something is missing because the value set does not seem to get applied to the targeted character.
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I don't know about the "Plus" but my guild uses EQDKP v1.3.2. That is the last version I can find that actually works. There are pieces of a later version I found but I could never get it to install.

I did have to make some changes in the program to handle a few things, like level 100+ meant I had to increase the level space from 2 digits to 3. There's also a few other issues I had to fix.

I've always meant to put together a package for others to download that would work properly but I have never gotten around to it.

The Administration Panel for it has a spot for Individual Adjustments. It works fine for me.
  3. Beimeith Lord of the Game

He's talking about https://eqdkp-plus.eu/en/ which is a far more advanced version than EQDKP.

And I know something about it, I'm the one that fixed most of the errors with the EQ-specific game stuff (though it's not credited to me, heh). What exactly are you trying to do?
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Thanks. I guess I'm behind the times, using the old EQDKP :).
  5. Aghinem Augur

Heya,

I was simply trying to adjust individual DKP points; in which there is no function I found that allowed me to add or subtract other than the 'adjustment manager' - to which when I input the value; it doesn't apply the said value to the person's DKP.

As far as errors you fixed, that is awesome. Overall, its a excellent looking program - it just lacks with in-depth documentation.
  6. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Ok, my guess is you something set incorrectly so it isn't properly linked up.

The way it works is like this:

1) DKP Pools

First, you setup a DKP Pool. (Admin > Raids > MultiDKP Management)

DKP Pools are the collections of points people earn. EQDKPlus supports having more than one set of DKP so you could in theory earn different types of DKP if that is how your guild wants to do it.

As an example: If your guild is raiding TDS and TBM raid you could setup two DKP pools one for each expansion and then you would earn different DKP based on which raid you did. If you attend a TDS raid you would earn TDS DKP, if you attend a TBM raid you would earn TBM DKP. If you buy a TDS item you spend TDS DKP, if you buy a TBM item you spend TBM DKP, etc.

That is OPTIONAL. You don't have to use multiple DKP pools. You can just create 1 pool and use that for everything as standard DKP.

2) Events

Once you create the DKP pool, you create events. When you create the events you can assign a default point value to them, (optional) and a DKP Pool. This is important, you need to make sure all the events are assigned to the proper DKP pools. If they aren't those events will not give DKP.

You don't have to, but I recommend creating special events for adjustments as well as creating a standardized naming scheme. This is what I use, (not a full list):

[EXP] [Tier if Applicable]: [Zone] [Event # if > 2 in zone] - [Event Name]

TBM T3: Crypt of Sul - Anashti Sul, Enslaver of Souls
    TBM T3: Crypt of Sul - High Bokon Boromas
    TBM T2: Plane of Health - Grummus
    TBM T2: Plane of Health - Stem the Tide
    TBM T2: Crypt of Decay - Grannus of the Cleansing Steam
    TBM T2: Crypt of Decay - Emollious
    TBM T1: Sul Vius: Demiplane of Decay - Anashti Sul, Damsel of Decay
    TBM T1: Sul Vius: Demiplane of Decay - Wither and Decay
    TBM T1: Sul Vius: Demiplane of Life - Anashti Sul, Lady of Life
    TBM T1: Sul Vius: Demiplane of Life - Vim and Vigor
    TBM T0: The Plane of Fear: Revisited - Cazic-Thule
    TBM T0: The Plane of Fear: Revisited - Terror, Fright, & Dread
    TBM T0: The Plane of Fear: Revisited - Dracoliche
    TBM T0: The Plane of Hate: Revisited - Innoruuk, the Prince of Hate
    TBM T0: The Plane of Hate: Revisited - Mastero of Rancor
    17th Anniversary: Hate's Fury - Captain Krasnok
    15th Anniversary: Plane of War - The Brothers Zek
    TDS: Arx Mentis Bonus 2 - Praetor Vitio
    TDS: Arx Mentis Bonus 1 - Captain Tita's Ghost
    TDS: Arx Mentis 5 - Calix Quirinus and Lanys T'Vyl
    TDS: Arx Mentis 4 - Principal Indagatrix Lucia
    TDS: Arx Mentis 3 - Principal Vicarum Nomia
    TDS: Arx Mentis 2 - Principal Quastori Numicia
    TDS: Arx Mentis 1 - Defense of the City
    Raid Log - Beta
    Raid Log - End
    Raid Log - Attendance
    Raid Log - On-Time Start
    Adjustment - 60 Day Inactive Wipe
    Adjustment - Penalty
    Adjustment - Bonus
    Adjustment - Initial

If you notice at the bottom there are special ones. There is one for being in the raid at On-Time, as well as staying until the End. There is also a generic Attendance one that is used if a day gets cut short for some reason like a server crash and we want to give out attendance hits. Beta speaks for itself.

The Adjustments are also fairly obvious. The Initial is what I used to set everyone's points when I started the new system from the old one. Penalties and Bonuses are self-explanatory. The 60-Day wipe is used to Zero out someone's points once they are retired for 60 days.

3) Adjustments

Now you have a DKP pool and Events, you can create Adjustments. You can specify a reason for the adjustments (they got aggro because they didn't know wtf to do), set a value (-50), assign it to a raid (optional), assign an event (not optional), assign a date it will take effect, and assign characters it applies to.

Now as to your specific issue, my guess would be one of a couple things:

Check that your events are properly assigned to the right DKP pool.
    Check that your adjustments are properly assigned to the right Events.
    Check that the date of the adjustment isn't some time in the future (and therefore hasn't taken effect yet).

If those don't work the other other thing I can think of is that you might be using Zero Sum and Adjustments may not work with that? I know if you use ZS you can't do some other things, but I think adjustments should work. I'm not 100% on that though since I haven't messed with ZS much.
    Aghinem likes this.
  7. Aghinem Augur

Thank you for what you wrote. It is a great help and I am going to see what I can do! :)